COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So let me get this straight, it's absolutely fine for people to be working in supermarkets, warehouses, factories and offices where they are quite exposed and have been throughout the pandemic (especially key workers, whilst others have been having a jolly with furlough) but the minute they step foot on the plane to somewhere with a lower infection rate they are immediately villainized...

Theirs more to this whole charade now.
The tourism and travel sector is finished.
Their is statistically more people week on week now dying of the flu than cv19.
Week by week we are getting state controlled and our democracy ebbing away.
Yes we have had a pandemic but now is the time to get in with life and learn to live with it.
Why is the uk government not doing this, have they a masterplan for the future and changing the way we live?

I posted in the political thread about the stats behind the reduction in deaths (no responses to that) but I did also notice this from ONS.

"In Week 31, the number of deaths registered was 1.0% below the five-year average (90 deaths fewer); this is the seventh consecutive week that deaths have been below the five-year average.

"The number of deaths in care homes, hospitals and other communal establishments remained below the five-year average in Week 31, while the number of deaths in private homes continued to be higher than the five-year average (676 more deaths)."

If I read that right, that means deaths from Covid took such a toll that there are now fewer people dying from old age because so many already died from Covid. And deaths in homes and hospitals are lower because there are fewer people in homes and hospitals (whether choice or fear or lack of places) so more die at home.

I'm really not sure if this is good news or not.

I suggested this would happen a while ago and that by the end of the year the excess death figure may well have levelled off, as a high % would have passed in the next 6 months or so regardless. Wouldn't have matter which illness they got, it would have probably had the same result.

Yes we have had a pandemic but now is the time to get in with life and learn to live with it.
Why is the uk government not doing this, have they a masterplan for the future and changing the way we live?

We haven't had a pandemic. We are HAVING a pandemic.

The whole world has changed the way we live. It's not just our government.
I have had to drive trains in and out of Central London every rostered working day since before lockdown started. I have not been furloughed nor taken fourteen days off because a had a cough. I shit myself looking at all the people milling around without masks when I am walking to my train because I know people are still catching it and are still dying of it. I'm in my sixties and as such am more vulnerable to catch it.

I support all measures to minimise the likelihood of my premature death.

Rant over.

I posted in the political thread about the stats behind the reduction in deaths (no responses to that) but I did also notice this from ONS.

"In Week 31, the number of deaths registered was 1.0% below the five-year average (90 deaths fewer); this is the seventh consecutive week that deaths have been below the five-year average.

"The number of deaths in care homes, hospitals and other communal establishments remained below the five-year average in Week 31, while the number of deaths in private homes continued to be higher than the five-year average (676 more deaths)."

If I read that right, that means deaths from Covid took such a toll that there are now fewer people dying from old age because so many already died from Covid. And deaths in homes and hospitals are lower because there are fewer people in homes and hospitals (whether choice or fear or lack of places) so more die at home.

I'm really not sure if this is good news or not.
In here.

the stats pages are beginning to annoy me now, you cant download case data by lower or upper tier area for about a week now, each time you select it you only ever get UK total only by date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.