COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
95% according to that, I know it has been in the pipeline for a while. Main difference with this is it's saliva so not intrusive and the result is the same time as a pregnancy test. They are also doing some interesting stuff around waste water testing.

was meaning the report of 95% is accurate.

at the mo its just the company saying it. needs verification from what I can see.

Indeed!

Cautious optimism is the order of the day for any new test, especially as 95% accuracy can be statistically very misleading.
Don't want to be negative but how many announcements have we had in the last three months which have been called game changers but have either fallen flat or made little difference.
Hope I am wrong though

GM scoreboard coming up (bear in mind 2 day totals so I have had to adjust comparisons).

Also just a reminder on the Pop Score. This is a calculation of how high or low cases are when related to the population numbers of the health area in question. So - as noted before about Wigan - it has low case numbers by Manchester standards but a higher Pop score than Manchester because Manchester has a far higher population to it and so pro rata is going to have more cases. The pop score evens these differences out and allows direct comparison of how well any place is doing across the pandemic with any other place. Hence why we know Leicester and Oldham have big problems not thanks to day to day case numbers but their giant Pop scores. Over 1000. Whereas the ups and downs of daily scores say more about how stable a location is at the moment.

was meaning the report of 95% is accurate.

at the mo its just the company saying it. needs verification from what I can see.

It's already in validation with CONDOR I have posted about this a few times over the last few months. They have distribution partners and manufacturing partners signed up and ready to go. They are also teamed with the Liverpool School of tropical medicine to validate the sensitivity. Look into Avacta saliva test it's been ongoing for some time.

What we shouldn’t do it is stop children being educated and ruin further lives by not opening the more of the economy, when the virus is killing fewer people than the flu... and many many other things.

It’s absolutely ludicrous to suggest otherwise.
Nobody is, people have to find a balance, the figures for cases today aren't good, but as I pointed out earlier, last time we had numbers like that (whilst rising), it was doubling every 3 days, its currently rising slowly, and that because of our current regulations, and schools are going back, they already have in Scotland.

yeah, if quick and cheap tho running a couple of tests to try to negate any false positive's/negatives is a real possibility
True.

That’s if the accuracy thresholds are actually high enough not to require an unreasonable amount of verification testing, though.

I can’t wait until winter when the 2nd wave doesn’t come and Karen has to hold her hands up and say she was wrong. No doubt she will spin it though so she was right! Maybe she should have been a politician.
i hope more than you that I am wrong,i am believing what the eminent scientists are saying not tinpot people on twitter ,
this is much more serious than you dying to be proved right or wrong ,you are the only one playing that childish game,well you and the hammer idiot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.