COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seeing a lot of people happy that they're going to be WFH for the foreseeable future.

But I can't imagine anything worse...

I've been working at my workplace ever since the pandemic started and it's not ideal that I'm more likely to catch CV.

But the alternative of WFH just sounds terrible to me. I would miss the social aspect, the separation of a work/home life, even the drive in I would miss as I quite enjoy that as well!

I can't imagine being stuck in a boiling hot house on my own for weeks on end. Just sounds so lonely and dull.

Political row brewing over the Trafford thing. Looks like GM leaders think the government have gone against the GM recommendation to release Stockport and Bolton but NOT Trafford for political reasons so as to appease the Conservative MP and the relatively wealthy residents.

May be nonsense, but it is a very odd decision.

Certainly it cannot be the data driving this and if they say otherwise then the numbers easily disprove it..

I know Labour councils would say this but the science is not remotely behind the relaxing in Trafford.

Firswood (in Trafford) had the highest infection rate with 13 cases in southern areas of Greater Manchester in the past 7 days - as an example of why this is so odd.

It’s going to cause quite a divide this.

our team has worked more productively and no one wants to go back to office.

but the higher bosses are pushing for us to go back end of next month.

Just wait until

a/ someone gets the virus and you all have to stay away again for a fortnight
b/ the CFO points out that costs have shot up because everyone is using office power, office heat, office light etc

May change some minds

The latest ONS data on estimated number of infections in England is more or less the same as last week. About 0.05% of the population are thought to have the disease at present (or rather on 20 Aug the date the data runs to).

In real terms about 28,000 people in the 57 million living in England.

So about one in every 2000 people you encounter may have it. Or 25 in an Etihad matchday crowd.

The latest ONS data on estimated number of infections in England is more or less the same as last week. About 0.05% of the population are thought to have the disease at present (or rather on 20 Aug the date the data runs to).

In real terms about 28,000 people in the 57 million living in England.

So about one in every 2000 people you encounter may have it. Or 25 in an Etihad matchday crowd.

Madness that we are still in any kind of lockdown. Something like 80% of people are being successfully traced from a person with a confirmed infection. When you look at other countries is clear that our government really are leading the way with this, only thing they are doing wrong for me are the weird lockdown decisions they keep making. For example but allowing outdoor drinking in Manchester this weekend, what is that going to achieve.

ONS data today also shows that the North West had the highest mortality rate from Covid in July, as it had in June. Though it had fallen from 9.2 per 100,000 in June to just 2.8 per 100,000. Every other region in the UK fell too month to month though by much less. But they had much less to fall, of course. London, for example, going from 3.1 to 1.2 June to July.

It will be 4 weeks before we know the August data but as I posted the other day figures do show that we have seen the NW is still well ahead of all other regions in numbers of deaths over the past couple of weeks. And most of yesterdays England hospital deaths were from here too.

I'm seeing a lot of people happy that they're going to be WFH for the foreseeable future.

But I can't imagine anything worse...

I've been working at my workplace ever since the pandemic started and it's not ideal that I'm more likely to catch CV.

But the alternative of WFH just sounds terrible to me. I would miss the social aspect, the separation of a work/home life, even the drive in I would miss as I quite enjoy that as well!

I can't imagine being stuck in a boiling hot house on my own for weeks on end. Just sounds so lonely and dull.

Surely your work could arrange meet up once a week ? Go for a beer

also think of the time saved and the money saved from commute ?

Age range of infections in ENGLAND over past 7 days.

Aged 20-64, 5235 new infections
Aged 65 - 74, 272 new infections
Aged 75+, 317 new infections (including 148 persons 85+)
Aged 15-19, 617 new infections
Aged 0-14, 496 new infections (including 176 0-4 year olds).

@Healdplace

Data taken from https://www.travellingtabby.com/uk-coronavirus-tracker/ btw which is a very useful site, mainly Scottish data but with a tab for UK also available.

It’s not greedy developers. It’s the sandwich shop, the shirt maker, the road sweeper.

And I genuinely don’t think you can be as successful working from home 100 percent but I am a dinosaur. I can see the logic in the odd day at home but clearly a significant number of people will be abusing the working from home narrative. For me a lot more need to get back and quickly.

I just knew this would be your exact response. Predictable and also wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.