COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've stuck to the restrictions religiously since March. My mam 82 years of age, went to Asda every day without a mask. Had children, grand children, great grand children visit daily. Never caught the virus. My son works on a till in Aldi handling money, cards of hundreds of people daily, never caught the virus. All the pool teams I play for, all the lads have been back in the pubs for weeks, none of them have caught the virus. Beginning to think I've been wasting my time for the last 6 months

I've stuck to the restrictions religiously since March. My mam 82 years of age, went to Asda every day without a mask. Had children, grand children, great grand children visit daily. Never caught the virus. My son works on a till in Aldi handling money, cards of hundreds of people daily, never caught the virus. All the pool teams I play for, all the lads have been back in the pubs for weeks, none of them have caught the virus. Beginning to think I've been wasting my time for the last 6 months

You may have all had it and not known though... My Grandparents unfortunately both died from it officially, my Dad was close, my Uncle who had also been around my Grandparents never showed any symptoms yet was picking my Grandad up off the floor every day with my Dad...

All those people been tested then?

The Vitamin D thing seems to be borderline magical thinking, spread by the same newspapers that regularly tell you X causes cancer (and the same X prevents cancer a month later).

The one study that kicked this off found that the most Vitamin D deficient group of COVID patients had the worst outcome. But failed to consider how these patients were also older and had more underlying health issues. Low Vitamin D levels are correlated with all kinds of contributary factors.

Out of interest which 'experts in the field' has Joe Rogan had on the subject of Vitamin D? He's been downplaying the pandemic for a long time and generally has looks on now, alongside the occasional good guest - but I can't stand him anymore.
All the drs I have seen all say that in this country most people are deficient in it and everyone should take it ,you need it for lots of things including strong bones, it is not some flakey idea, up to you but it is cheap and safe, it has been shown to help in covid

No no, that's fine, and an opinion which you're absolutely entitled to hold - no issue with that.

Without getting into the politics of this whole thing, I try and stay away from that thread now, I was more getting at the point you made about Sturgeon/Scotland doing things differently, when she's been asking time and time again to do things the same amongst the 4 nations - I'd definitely say that Boris is the one who is doing things of his own accord. Anyway, we move on...
We move on but agree as 4 nations we must come together on this crisis.

12 deaths today then.
So, if this ‘second wave’ started with the ‘eat out to help out’ as well as around the bank holiday and the poor weather, shouldn’t there be hundreds of daily deaths by now? If not hundreds, shouldn’t they be doubling every few days?
We started off by trying to flatten the curve and we seem to have moved on to ‘eliminating the virus’ which is as stupid as it is pointless.
This curve was entirely predictable, as it follows the curve of all respiratory viruses and what we are now seeing is an expected rise in cases and a seeming expectation from people that that will translate into a huge rise in deaths and hospitalisations, but that’s not how it looks.
I suppose the problem starts when you stop using evidence as the basis for science and decision making and use guess work and ‘modelling‘.
With a new virus all you have is modelling based on other corona viruses , this one is not acting the same at all, as soon as you get actual data as you go along that takes over from modelling ,all that takes time to filter through and is why things change as we go along , different strategies emerge based on actual data ,the big rise in cases is a worry as the testing system is in disarray and lots can't get tested, it takes about three weeks to die ,sometimes months in icu ,we need to wait and see what happens then,the second wave is starting , even boris admits that

I am in and out of houses daily, sometimes 5 a day. I have probably spoke to 200 customers since march and 0 have had it. And probably 5 know of someone thats had it

I have never known anyone who died of lung cancer.
Fancy a smoke?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.