COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of them mate. I am glad.i console myself when made out to be some type of leper for praising the conservatives when they win elections. As they will the next one.
That is ridiculous - the banning from the whole politics forum. The very word "forum" denotes a place to debate, discuss, argue. I agree about Tories winning next election. I disagree about how the current government are handling this - they've had an absolute shocker. By every metric.

Did a job for 2 Cheshire East councillors on friday.
Cheshire East (macc, poynton, wilmslow down to crewe) are already £50m down this year. They said theyd be flabbergasted if there was another full lockdown.

good. To cripple the country over a virus with a 99.something% survival rate would be fuckin stupid

Down £50m? And yet they Govt are steaming ahead with a 100BILLION train...makes ya think.

I respectfully disagree, time will tell I do think her first agenda is money, always is with the SNP.

No no, that's fine, and an opinion which you're absolutely entitled to hold - no issue with that.

Without getting into the politics of this whole thing, I try and stay away from that thread now, I was more getting at the point you made about Sturgeon/Scotland doing things differently, when she's been asking time and time again to do things the same amongst the 4 nations - I'd definitely say that Boris is the one who is doing things of his own accord. Anyway, we move on...

We won't be having 105 pupils in our school for the next two weeks after our second positive test. We're now being bombarded (understandably) by worried parents. We have 8 staff awaiting results, all managed to get tested at local walk in centres Friday and weekend. We're at the absolute limit, staff-wise if some of these staff have to now isolate for a further 10 days. That's after two weeks since returning. This isn't sustainable. And we have put in a massive amount of work to try and be Covid-safe. Children (especially the youngest - we start at 3yr olds) cannot and will not socially distance, despite all our very best efforts. There's a great deal of goodwill out there at the moment, but I do fear that will change if and when staff / pupils / parents become very poorly (or worse) from a school-based infection. There are no easy answers - we can't shut down the schools, but we can't continue with the current guidance.

Did a job for 2 Cheshire East councillors on friday.
Cheshire East (macc, poynton, wilmslow down to crewe) are already £50m down this year. They said theyd be flabbergasted if there was another full lockdown.

good. To cripple the country over a virus with a 99.something% survival rate would be fuckin stupid
Cheshire East you say?
I wonder how much the councillors have trousered...

E - There's not going to be a second lockdown anytime soon

IMHO They simply won't close schools again despite the hoops they've made us jump through regards to remote learning. They NEED schools as free childcare so their precious lemmings can carry on working.

Whilst there may be "localised lockdowns" I think these will be nothing like the first lockdown as it's "unsustainable".

Schools and businesses open means people gather, they simply cannot help themselves.

I agree that they need schools as free childcare because hell if both parents happen to work and can't use Family to look after the kids where do they go? But we certainly aren't all lemmings, just some of us cannot work from home, I know for a fact I would sleep easier knowing my Wife wasn't looking after people with the bloody virus in Hospital and I wasn't making sure people could get stuff out of the taps!

We won't be having 105 pupils in our school for the next two weeks after our second positive test. We're now being bombarded (understandably) by worried parents. We have 8 staff awaiting results, all managed to get tested at local walk in centres Friday and weekend. We're at the absolute limit, staff-wise if some of these staff have to now isolate for a further 10 days. That's after two weeks since returning. This isn't sustainable. And we have put in a massive amount of work to try and be Covid-safe. Children (especially the youngest - we start at 3yr olds) cannot and will not socially distance, despite all our very best efforts. There's a great deal of goodwill out there at the moment, but I do fear that will change if and when staff / pupils / parents become very poorly (or worse) from a school-based infection. There are no easy answers - we can't shut down the schools, but we can't continue with the current guidance.

My wife teaches Y1 and there is no SD as you would expect from 6 year olds. Most of them have forgotten everything they learnt in reception. It wil have a terrible impact this long term on kids.

For me, schools need to stay open and if that means shutting pubs and other places then so be it. The government can extend the furlough if needs be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.