COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
bluejon I have not described it as a national crisis. Just a concerning rise in numbers.

Like these

37 all settings deaths. (most in 2 months)

4926 new cases. Highest yet.
As I said, there is a slight rise in the death rate, but I (we, as in work colleagues) are not worried about these numbers at all at this moment in time. The new cases numbers are seriously in doubt primarily due to a deep concern that the tests are picking up old infections in the body. This is what happens when you leave non-NHS companies in charge of testing who aren't used to dealing with medical data.

Regional scoreboard:

London 354 - up from 282 but not close to its highest over past month. London still doing surprisingy well.

Midlands 590 - significant rise from 458 to what is their highest yet.

Yorkshire 505 - up just a little from 492 but had a couple of higher numbers in past week.

And North West 1381 - up from 1345 to second highest yet - 1402 four days ago still top here despite there being 604 fewer UK cases that day.

blujon (who I do understa#nd and respect as the expert in stats I want to be clear) can comment if I am wrong but this at least is not seeing the NW getting worse in the past few days. And does look like a kind of plateauing at least.

As I said, there is a slight rise in the death rate, but I (we, as in work colleagues) are not worried about these numbers at all at this moment in time. The new cases numbers are seriously in doubt primarily due to a deep concern that the tests are picking up old infections in the body. This is what happens when you leave non-NHS companies in charge of testing who aren't used to dealing with medical data.
I hope you're right and the current increases are not as significant as the authorities are making out.

that place will be a block of flats by the time were back at football

There's been talk of Mary D's going for a long time. It lost its sparkle for me. Long gone are the days when you could lose an elephant in the back room.

I need a hotel myself and normally end up in the Ibis place on Pollard Street about a 20 minute walk away.

If she, or you have covid, you will most likely pass it on to each other either way. At home, you will pass it on only to each other. In a pub, probably to other people as well. If neither of you have it, you won't catch it at home. In a pub, you may, from someone that does.
Not if we aren't touching the same surfaces, in a restaurant we won't at home we would. Seems simple to me.

Regional scoreboard:

London 354 - up from 282 but not close to its highest over past month. London still doing surprisingy well.

Midlands 590 - significant rise from 458 to what is their highest yet.

Yorkshire 505 - up just a little from 492 but had a couple of higher numbers in past week.

And North West 1381 - up from 1345 to second highest yet - 1402 four days ago still top here despite there being 604 fewer UK cases that day.

blujon (who I do understa#nd and respect as the expert in stats I want to be clear) can comment if I am wrong but this at least is not seeing the NW getting worse in the past few days.

Most of these figures aren't worth the paper they are written on if heavily affected areas aren't able to test everyone that has asked for one. I reckon the north west has a lot more cases, I was off ill last week with all the symptoms of Corona and couldn't get a test, gave up in the end will just self isolate for another week and hope this cough pisses off.

blujon I see that argument and of course they are not skyrocketng and hopefully never do.

and the what should count as a covid death is a viable other argument.

But the majority of England hospital deaths get recorded for any day in the first five days and if you total the number of deaths at five days up to 17 September (most recent date where we have a five day total) they currently read:

28 Aug - 3 Sep Total of the 7 days = 29 (average about 4 per day)

4 Sep - 10 Sep Total of the 7 days = 49 (average 7 per day)

11 Sep - 17 Sep total of the 7 days = 79 (average over 11 per day).

In statistical terms as a non mathematician I would perceive that as a signficant increase in death numbers over 21 days. I assume I should not be doing. But intuitively it sure looks like a pretty meaningful upward curve.
You are right ,all numbers are going up and you dont wait till they are out of control to act ,it is an infectious disease that we dont have immunity to

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.