COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually there is no such thing as old covid cells. It is a virus not a cell. The test detects viralrna and the rna can come from inactive virus . It is highly unlikely that you will get a rising incidence from historical covid as shedding decreases with time and it appears uncommon that it persists .
Thanks, it didn't make sense to me, and you confirm it doesn't make sense.

I'm a "scientist" myself, so I like to deal in facts not speculation, which that post is.

My science field is about as far removed from this as you can get, but I do understand data, as my job involves analysing a lot of it, and for a wide variety of (I'll call them) samples, and I do it for virtually every task I do.

I also very much understand computer models, and the differences between different models, often from different countries using different science behind them, and can look at 5 or 6 models per shift. Each and every one gives a different result, and generally they get further and further "different" as time into the future passes, so I have to work out which is best for the task I'm doing, some work well in some countries, and some less so.

If you keep an eye on the news you'll see a lot of also very qualified scientists (much more than me) who are also questioning the hell out of the current analysis of the figures, including two scientists from oxford who were present in the meeting at number 10 who apparently went apeshit about whitty's figures. As for publishing these figures, there are people publishing them. After a discussion this afternoon my boss sent me this paper. I've not read through it myself yet, but he sent it over as evidence as to what we have been discussing:
https://www.bmj.com/content/370/bmj.m3259
Thanks for your reply and whilst I appreciate your view, I still remain convinced this is a lot worse than you suggest, and heading in the wrong direction.

For now, all we can do is keep each other safe and see where that leads us

I know I shouldn’t bother with social media, but know a couple people on it calling these latest measures ‘bullshit’’ and telling people to go to the protest rally on Saturday.
depressing days

I know I shouldn’t bother with social media, but know a couple people on it calling these latest measures ‘bullshit’’ and telling people to go to the protest rally on Saturday.
depressing days

like everything on Twitter it’s all about extremes. Half the people think we should be out carrying on as normal and the other think we should be locked down fully until it’s gone away.

as with everything on Twitter and social media (Inc bluemoon) the correct answer is somewhere in the middle.

with the rise in hospital numbers I think we are doing the right thing at the moment .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.