COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
show full data, deaths by age , deaths by illness and what. Ages of those going into hospital , how many get out with new drugs .

The data they look at has always been about what the NHS can cope with. If we let this virus rip through, people who constantly harp on about 'cancer patients not being able to get treatment' - will have not really seen anything yet. Even if say 1% of 25-45 year old need a hospital bed, due to COVID - if a large percentage of the population get it at the same time, that starts to equate to an unmanageable number.

People also talk about people who are 'vulnerable' as though it is some sort of stagnant figure. It's not, the number of vulnerable people in society starts changes as time moves on, something else to consider.

Very sad to here that - I'm not sure why more companies are not making it 'optional' for people to get into the office if they want. Anyone who wants to work from home can, but if you feel the need to come in you can do that. I went into the office today and it has done me the world of good.

Our London office has remained open and anyone can go in, not for me though , much prefer wfh

Last month the government would pay for half of your Big Mac, now they are threatening to set the Army on us. They are all over the place.
Utter rubbish, the Army has a duty to assist when required its called MACC (Military Aid to the Civilian Community), fake news as always do you think they will be patrolling ala West Belfast in the 70/80's ? They will not be armed they will be assisting IF required, bit like the Green Goddess when the Fireman decided to strike. Quotes like yours are not needed soldiers are there to assist not attack.

If we have an increase in suicides because people cannot go to the pub past 10pm - I'd really start to question the mental wellbeing of society at large. People are still able to get help, you cannot totally lay the blame of someone taking their own life at the feet of others.
It’s the people losing jobs etc.. I’m one of them, that see no other way out.

Utter rubbish, the Army has a duty to assist when required its called MACC (Military Aid to the Civilian Community), fake news as always do you think they will be patrolling ala West Belfast in the 70/80's ? They will not be armed they will be assisting IF required, bit like the Green Goddess when the Fireman decided to strike. Quotes like yours are not needed soldiers are there to assist not attack.
But Boris did say the army will assist if need be. He is threatening us with the army.

Load of absolute shite right there. You might not like the measures, but Whitty is not a 'clueless wanker'.

Absolutely this. People need to stop this shit. Professor Chris Witty, has previously published in some of the top scientific journals in the world, led one the most prestigious research laboratories out of the best infectious disease centre in the world. You would struggle to find anyone in the scientific community who thinks he is "clueless". The truth will come out about this whole period and I guarantee it wasn't the scientist who fucked it.

People referring to them like that are on another planet, the man is there on merit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.