COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don’t believe that she is being deliberating different to differentiate England and Scotland then there is no discussing this further.

Said it before and I'll repeat it. She's the one continually asking for a 4 nation approach, which is falling on deaf Tory ears. It's blindly obvious who's choosing to do their own thing. Criticise her choices as you see fit, but levelling the 'doing it do be different' argument in her direction is absolutely absurd.

Fact is, we know almost exactly who this virus will kill and who it won’t. Why don’t we try explaining properly to people how the risks change hugely, once you get to 70 and have at least one serious other thing going on? They then jump hugely again at 80+ and once again at 90+. Surely we would be better off employing a strategy that looked after those at risk groups much better, rather than trying to focus on the whole of society?
If you live in the SW or East Anglia, you don’t really know what Covid is at the minute, because there’s hardly any of it there.

The other thing we know is that admissions to hospital with respiratory viruses and illness all start to rise from September onwards and many of those usual admissions (and sadly some deaths) would have happened anyway but might well now be ‘down to Covid‘.
Even today, almost 50% of outbreaks are in care homes (it’s a good job that ‘ring of steel’ has been thrown around them) and yet he says nothing about that. 25% of outbreaks are in schools (so mostly harmless) with 5% in pubs and hospitality, not that you’d know any of that if you just relied on the PM for your information.

Said it before and I'll repeat it. She's the one continually asking for a 4 nation approach, which is falling on deaf Tory ears. It's blindly obvious who's choosing to do their own thing. Criticise her choices as you see fit, but levelling the 'doing it do be different' argument in her direction is absolutely absurd.

Wants 4 nation approach but sets crazy agendas that the other 3 nations won’t agree to. She is absurd I will give you that. Dangerous women.

Grow up it isn't a threat it's asking for assistance. It's people like you that will turn the population against our Forces for trying to curb this virus. Nut job !!

It’s a veiled threat, I’m sure he is aware of the general unrest spreading through the nation, and the general fear people have for their livelihoods. Could’ve done with them to ‘assist’ in London a few months ago when it was all kicking off.

Fact is, we know almost exactly who this virus will kill and who it won’t. Why don’t we try explaining properly to people how the risks change hugely, once you get to 70 and have at least one serious other thing going on? They then jump hugely again at 80+ and once again at 90+. Surely we would be better off employing a strategy that looked after those at risk groups much better, rather than trying to focus on the whole of society?
If you live in the SW or East Anglia, you don’t really know what Covid is at the minute, because there’s hardly any of it there.

The other thing we know is that admissions to hospital with respiratory viruses and illness all start to rise from September onwards and many of those usual admissions (and sadly some deaths) would have happened anyway but might well now be ‘down to Covid‘.
Even today, almost 50% of outbreaks are in care homes (it’s a good job that ‘ring of steel’ has been thrown around them) and yet he says nothing about that. 25% of outbreaks are in schools (so mostly harmless) with 5% in pubs and hospitality, not that you’d know any of that if you just relied on the PM for your information.
We are pursuing a strategy of targeting high risk groups - we are trying to limit the spread among the selfish non high risk people that come into contact with them.

It’s a veiled threat, I’m sure he is aware of the general unrest spreading through the nation, and the general fear people have for their livelihoods. Could’ve done with them to ‘assist’ in London a few months ago when it was all kicking off.
To assist what was going on in in London a few Month's ago is not what MACC is about initially. That is for the Police to deal with unless requested which frankly would not happen.

Without wanting to sound a twat, if the teachers have been tested because they think they might have it, they should already be isolating, otherwise they risk spreading it to others before they get a test result. Even if they feel fine and have tested because they've been in contact with someone who has tested positive, they should isolate until the test result arrives.
No worries bud; to be absolutely clear we've followed guidance to the letter, and beyond. If staff have become symptomatic they haven't set foot in school and have arranged to be tested and haven't come back unless got neg result AND symptom free for 48hrs (and not living with anyone positive). Where staff have been in contact with positive case (we've now had two staff positives, including 1st teacher yesterday - thankfully she seems to be on mend after being "floored" by it) they've isolated until result (we had six negative results yesterday and today).
This now feels very different - I had never previously directly known anyone who had caught it. We're an average sized primary in Manchester; 3rd week in school, 2 staff positive. Rest of staff now quite nervy, especially those who are more vulnerable or live with those more vulnerable. I was contacted by the Manchester Infection Hub today, I'm in pretty much daily contact with them. A local high school now has nine hundred pupils isolating. Nine HUNDRED.
Teacher friend of mine works in Saddleworth - 18 staff off due to their own children being sent home.
In my own son's class, there are 12 children off (out of class of 31) but, thankfully, no positive cases. Yet.
We won't have to worry about everyone following the new (old) advice of working from home where you can, cos every fucker will be at home anyway looking after their kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.