COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is odd the BBC clearly showed numbers dropping on a graphic 30mins ago..
They did, but it's not "odd", it just didn't include today, as it was prepared earlier before today's number was out, people shouldn't focus on a single day figure anyway, there are always peaks and troughs, and sometimes it's nothing to do with the figures, but the bodged stats.

There are a lot of relevant and arguable stats within this entire thread.

However, one that never gets mentioned and is rooted in actual fact.

For every intensive care bed that is taken, it takes a total of seven nurses to look after it over a 24 hour period.

So many people fail to factor in that the load on the NHS isn't just about beds and ventilators, it is being down around 20k in nurses across the country before any of them inevitably get ill.

Friend of mine is pretty high up in north west nhs. They are shitting it. Don't think she has a direct line to burnham, unfortunately.

They did, but it's not "odd", it just didn't include today, as it was prepared earlier before today's number was out, people shouldn't focus on a single day figure anyway, there are always peaks and troughs, and sometimes it's nothing to do with the figures, but the bodged stats.
thanks for explaining. i thought i was imagining things.

For every intensive care bed that is taken, it takes a total of seven nurses to look after it over a 24 hour period.

So many people fail to factor in that the load on the NHS isn't just about beds and ventilators, it is being down around 20k in nurses across the country before any of them inevitably get ill.
Good post, and to add to that, if any of them get symptoms it'll reduce the numbers available further.

Friend of mine is pretty high up in north west nhs. They are shitting it. Don't think she has a direct line to burnham, unfortunately.

My mate is one of the top docs at Manchester Infirmary.

Quite surprisingly, he is saying a lack of ventilators aren't an issue and doesn't expect them to be.

He is more worried about staffing levels and beds.

thats a sad fact indeed. Charging nurses tuition fees hasnt helped encourage people into the profession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.