COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
People praising the NHS but basically decide the rules don't apply to them, are the biggest insult to the difficulties they face.
Correct. I stopped doing the clap thing after 1 week, after I saw the bloody hypocrites clapping for show, then breaking the rules all week anyway, no time for joining that.

There are a lot of relevant and arguable stats within this entire thread.

However, one that never gets mentioned and is rooted in actual fact.

For every intensive care bed that is taken, it takes a total of seven nurses to look after it over a 24 hour period.

So many people fail to factor in that the load on the NHS isn't just about beds and ventilators, it is being down around 20k in nurses across the country before any of them inevitably get ill.
This , the love and concern for the nhs workers has disappeared already , they not only risk their lives but a lot couldnt live with their young kids/ parents / partners last time , they had to try and stay well whilst treating patients and worrying about their own families , have they got a whopping pay rise yet i wonder

There will be a huge mental health toll on the nursing staff too, It is like being posted to a war zone and having no clue when it will end. They will not have expected this when joining the profession but will do it without hesitation. And the worst impact will hit them like a truck only when this is over as until then they will be too focused to really think of what this virus is doing to them personally whilst draining them of emotional energy like a vampire invisibly sucking away their soul.

They deserve something really special from the nation when this is over

A national holiday maybe in their honour where all pledge to do anything for a health care worker on the day - from free drinks, meals. reductions in shops, on holidays etc - even just digging their garden for free.

Just a thank you from the nation to show we remember what they did and will do again when called upon.

This , the love and concern for the nhs workers has disappeared already , they not only risk their lives but a lot couldnt live with their young kids/ parents / partners last time , they had to try and stay well whilst treating patients and worrying about their own families , have they got a whopping pay rise yet i wonder
You missed it? There are a lot of different staff on different deals, bit the dentists (nearly all closed their doors) got a decent rise but nurses are still locked into the 2018 deal so didn't, for example.

The British public have short memories I'm afraid Kaz, all their wonderful commitment has soon been forgotten whilst the selfish fuckers are dancing in the streets at 10.01 every night when the boozers shut.

There will be a huge mental health toll on the nursing staff too, It is like being posted to a war zone and having no clue when it will end. They will not have expected this when joining the profession but will do it without hesitation. And the worst impact will hit them like a truck only when this is over as until then they will be too focused to really think of what this virus is doing to them personally whilst draining them of emotional energy like a vampire invisibly sucking away their soul.

They deserve something really special from the nation when this is over

A national holiday maybe in their honour where all pledge to do anything for a health care worker on the day - from free drinks, meals. reductions in shops, on holidays etc - even just digging their garden for free.

Just a thank you from the nation to show we remember what they did and will do again when called upon.
A fucking pay rise and to stop being taken for granted whilst NHS middle management take their inflated wages for being grossly incompetent

don't worry, they'll just start clapping again on camera and that will solve it.

I didn't even know they did? Jesus, how can any government not see that we don't need to charge people who want to enter the profession and will give it back to the country ten-fold?

Disgusting.

It’s worse than that... student nurses pay tuition fees and work for the NHS unpaid for large periods during their training.

My mate is one of the top docs at Manchester Infirmary.

Quite surprisingly, he is saying a lack of ventilators aren't an issue and doesn't expect them to be.

He is more worried about staffing levels and beds.

I've been told the same by a friend who is an anaesthetist in Bristol.

They have made huge advances in treating people since March and relative to back then very few people need ventilators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.