COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why would you be so insistent that a virus that does nothing to the majority of people be allowed ruin ruin some many people life’s. I get you got it bad, and hope you recover but for the vast majority of the population they won’t get it as bad.

All a lockdown does is pause the spread - it won’t stop it, nothing will. The economy cannot carry on like this.

I’ve personally been lucky that my job is (touch wood) still needed. But I have seen far more people suffering through the damage to the economy than I have from getting this virus. Life is short and we cannot spend it existing by running away from something that only efforts a small amount of the population. Life should be enjoyable- being told to say in a box isn’t enjoyable.
I hear we're working on some kind of vaccine.

Do find it odd with the London figures as they jump a few hundred one day, and then drop a few hundred the following day. I guess it's a data collection issue.
They all go up and down a lot really. I guess its the nature of this testing set up.

Here are the last few NW ones 4293, 4724, 5322, 4991 5032, 5080, 4587, 4045 - doing much the same but from a higher base.

They were more consistent through the Summer when totals were much smaller.

The North East which is the smallest region has had a recent run that is the same but closer together as there is less far to go up or down with small numbers: 970, 1162, 1021, 1130,1054, 1163, 1170

The MIdlands used to be like that too when they only had a few hundred a day in the Summer.

FFS Oldham, not seen too many dickheads about recently, wonder where the infections are coming from.
Its been the focus in the North West along with Blackburn for most of the pandemic. These numbers are just higher because they are doing more tests. First in GM into the 1000s, 2000s, 3000s and now 4000s. Quite probably 5000s by mid November and 6000s by December unless the lockdown really works.

But other boroughs are not that far behind. Rochdale will top 4000 in 2 or 3 days. And Bolton and Manchester likely over the next week or so too.

So do not feel too concerned. Other than Trafford nowhere in GM is doing well and even their numbers are up from about 30 cases to about 150 in a few weeks.

Its all relative to the number of tests being done. And a lot are being done in the NW. Its like a self fulfilling prophecy to an extent. And other parts of the UK will follow as the Winter progresses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.