COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
hard to see how elite sport, construction and manufacturing are considered essential?

Infection rates are probably extremely low in these environments, especially construction which is mainly outside.

Most food/commodity manufacturers in the UK are FMG and it would be bedlam at supermarkets with empty shelves if these manufacturers were to shut.

woke up this morning with a temperature , thought i was just suffering the morning sweats, got to work at 4, didn't go through security because i was sweating a lot, and I'm not a sweaty person, met my boss to explain the situation (at a distance), he's booked me off on holiday for 2 days at the moment, came home and booked my covid test , 930am at Wythenshawe , fingers crossed its just a bit of a cold.

Elite sport is outdoors, highly tested and I assume they’ve taken the decision that it gives us something to look forward to. I’m personally happier to have a couple of games a week to look forward to than not.
I agree.

I was very pissed off on Friday evening (work related) and took me a long time to switch off, didn't sleep well either. It wasn't until the City game at noon where all of a sudden I forgot about my worries and enjoyed the game along with the rugby. F1 was a great spectacle as well yesterday and felt great. It allowed my mind to focus elsewhere and didn't think about work for most of the weekend. Going to the gym helped as well.

I am personally glad sport is continuing and couldn't face going back to no sport and repeats of "classic" matches.

woke up this morning with a temperature , thought i was just suffering the morning sweats, got to work at 4, didn't go through security because i was sweating a lot, and I'm not a sweaty person, met my boss to explain the situation (at a distance), he's booked me off on holiday for 2 days at the moment, came home and booked my covid test , 930am at Wythenshawe , fingers crossed its just a bit of a cold.
Why did you go out with a temperature? why not just ring?

Won't be long before schools are shut. The virus kicked off again when they went back. We pick our Grandson up occasionally and the school approach is rammed with parents even though they are supposed to have staggered finishing times. Then when we walk through town the big kids are let out and you can't walk down the street with hundreds of kids not giving a f..k about social distancing. Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.