COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very scary stuff this. Hope they manage to get it under control quickly.

The positive thing is getting the virus isn’t terminal. 41 people out of 1,200 infected so far have died and the vast majority being elderly and having previous respiratory issues.

The BBC is saying only one younger and healthier person, who’s a doctor, has died so far.

mortality rate is deaths and recoveries not deaths and infections.

It’s pretty poor quality figures wise but from what we have so far ( this is from Harvard’s epidemiology department ) the mortality rate on this one is closer to %20.

I’d personally guess this will drop to 12-15% which matches SARS.

mortality rate is deaths and recoveries not deaths and infections.

It’s pretty poor quality figures wise but from what we have so far ( this is from Harvard’s epidemiology department ) the mortality rate on this one is closer to %20.

I’d personally guess this will drop to 12-15% which matches SARS.

Balls.

How to calculate it is a fact.

quality of figures used is the issue.

she used number of deaths vs number of people no longer in hospital. But with poor quality figures.

struggling to find the article since it’s everywhere now. Will post it if I can find it.

edit:will be on my work machine. Will check Monday but by then we will probably have better figures.

Last edited:
How to calculate it is a fact.

quality of figures used is the issue.

she used number of deaths vs number of people no longer in hospital. But with poor quality figures.

struggling to find the article since it’s everywhere now. Will post it if I can find it.

edit:will be on my work machine. Will check Monday but by then we will probably have better figures.

You’re quite correct on the need for accuracy and factoring in those who have actually recovered.

Yes, please share the article.

The BBC did say that only a minority of the cases are severe and there’s different levels of the virus also I think.

Let’s just hope they get it under control.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.