COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have travelled quite a bit and have never encountered a border force that requires proof of vaccination. I know some countries get a bit iffy (and some do require certificates) if your coming from a country with high risk of yellow fever, mainly African nations.
I seem to recall a fair few Asian countries have asked to see our vaccination certificates.

Nonsense.

You have nothing to offer here except assertions that you know better than experts.

You don't.
I’ve just offered you ‘they should be listened to’.
However the word scientist does not have ‘infallible’ written next to it in the dictionary.

Please show me a post where I have said I know better than the ‘experts’. If you can’t then might I suggest you take your tantrum somewhere else?

What I do though is I question.
Why are we not able to question the experts?
Even the experts can’t agree with one another.

Edit
Aaahhh, penny dropped.

Are you a behaviour scientist by any chance?

Please show me a post where I have said I know better than the ‘experts’.

"And don’t get me started on the ‘behavioural’ scientists, a misnomer if ever there was one."

You're welcome.

Now, how about if you disagree with experts, you offer substantive criticism of specific points you disagree with rather than insults such as Bunch of liars, cheats and robbers stealing our freedom and way of life.

For instance, offer specific examples of lies - deliberate falsehoods- and demonstrate they are so.

Before checking in online most Airlines ask for pre departure information, passport details, DOB, country of origin, etc. Surely this could be used to add in a section for the Covid vaccine. All dependent on how the government deals with vaccine information, a digital certificate shouldn't be too difficult to process.

Scotland data up first:

44 deaths tragically - which is down on last week. Always a big catch up day like Tuesdays.

880 cases at 6.8% positive.

260 in Greater Glasgow, 190 Lanarkshire, 122 Grampian and 94 Lothian.

1161 in hospital DOWN 36 on yesterday.

84 on ventilator icu - same as yesterday.

"And don’t get me started on the ‘behavioural’ scientists, a misnomer if ever there was one."

You're welcome.

Now, how about if you disagree with experts, you offer substantive criticism of specific points you disagree with rather than insults such as Bunch of liars, cheats and robbers stealing our freedom and way of life.

For instance, offer specific examples of lies - deliberate falsehoods- and demonstrate they are so.
I think you have me confused with Bluematt. The second paragraph you have in italics were written by him, not me.

However I do admit to the belief that ‘behavioural’ scientists should not be included as scientists as their field is not a science discipline.
They may be experts, but not in a pure scientific way. As to the quality of their expertise I wouldn’t dream to question but I honestly couldn’t take their opinions on science with any certainty.

Scotland 3 wks ago v 2 wks v last wk v today

Deaths: 50 v 64 v 54 v 44 today - which is a hopeful decline.

Cases: 1433 v 1261 v 1264 v 880 today - is again a positive downward direction.

Patients: 1257 v 1235 v 1241 v 1161 today - is also looking on a downward track.

Ventilator icu: 94 v 98 v 88 v 84 today - again trending down even as deaths are falling is good news.

There are many similarities between the data in Scotland and the NW right now. Mostly good trends too from both.

Before checking in online most Airlines ask for pre departure information, passport details, DOB, country of origin, etc. Surely this could be used to add in a section for the Covid vaccine. All dependent on how the government deals with vaccine information, a digital certificate shouldn't be too difficult to process.

I agree about booking information having something added.

I think it would need more than a digital certificate, unless they set it up like the US ESTA form and make it mandatory.

I assume that when they come to mass vaccinations, there will be a paper copy handed out (which will have two stamps on it), and maybe a central database that it can be downloaded from - a lot of data and accuracy needed for the latter though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.