COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking at a WHO news conference on Friday, its immunisations director Dr Katherine O'Brien said: "What we have seen is a press release.

"And what is really the next most important step is that the data needs to be evaluated based on more than a press release.

Good retort there fella. Excellent. Everything is literally factual in there but of course you didn't bother replying and instead went for a flippant response. Boris would have probably done the same too! :)

If you think there's nowt wrong with all of those things, then you should take a long, hard look in the mirror at yourself. He's a bad human being who treats people with disdain, often. Proven too. If I learned these things about someone I liked, I'd be embarrassed personally and reassess my opinion of them. Each to their own hey.

Won't post anymore about him now, sorry Ric.
More great news: First vaccine jabs could be as soon as 7th Dec

Food for thought for those on here who want to be able to pick and choose between vaccines on personal preference - logistics defining who gets it first in front even of medical need, let alone personal preference.

Also a reflection that the Oxford/AZ jab could be as soon as a week after that if MHRA can review data on that in the same time frame (I'm guessing they might struggle to do two at once, which could delay things a bit). And if course fingers crossed they actually find it suitable for approval.

The end is increasingly in sight.

Fantastic news! I like you.

GM Scoreboard:

Another good day

Manchester 141 – down from 181. Total cases 30, 623. Weekly 1151 Pop score up 25 to 5539 . Weekly Pop down 24 to 208.

Wigan 109 – same as yesterday. Total cases 16, 254. Weekly 815. Pop score up 34 to 4946. Weekly Pop down 21 248.

Bolton 109 – up from 88 . Total cases 14, 873. Weekly 776. Pop score up 38 to 5172. Weekly Pop down 10 to 269.

Oldham 102- up from 62. Total cases 14, 599. Weekly 689, Pop score up 43 to 6157. Most in GM today. Weekly Pop down 35 to 290.

Rochdale 76 – down from 146. Total cases 12, 422, Weekly 684. Pop score up 34 to 5585. Weekly Pop down 24 to 307.

Bury 76 – up from 58, Total cases 9571. Weekly 466. Pop score up 39 to become the sixth in GM to pass into the 5000 club at 5011. Weekly Pop down 19 to 244.

Salford 64 – up from 57. Total cases 13, 199. Weekly 458. Pop score up 24 to 5099. Weekly Pop down 18 to 176.

Stockport 63 – up from 56. Total cases 10, 376. Weekly 502. Pop score up 21 to 3536. Weekly Pop down 17 to 171. Salford could overtake it tomorrow on this measure which seemed impossible a couple of weeks ago.

Tameside 41 – down from 58. Total cases 10, 274. Weekly 408. Almost back to Aug/Sep levels here now. Pop score up 18 to 4536. Weekly Pop down 21 to 180. GM now has four boroughs sub 200 weekly pop and that would normally be seen as low enough not to be on government watch. There were none under 200 just two weeks ago.

Trafford 38 – same as yesterday. Total cases 8597. Weekly 290. Very long time since we have had a borough with a sub 300 weekly total. From everyone over 1000 a month just weeks ago only Manchester is now and even they may not be within the next few days. Pop score up 16 to 3622. Cuts the gap to Stockport for best in GM over the pandemic by another 5 to just 86. Weekly Pop down 10 to 122. Lowest in GM seen since September. But the lead over Stockport for best weekly pop score is cut to 49. With Salford and Tameside not much further ahead we have a real race for best Pop Score. If it matters.

But what really matters from the data above is that all these numbers going down day after day means GM is in reality on pure case numbers alone NOT a tier 3 area right now. So something else must be driving that decision.

Hospital numbers are falling too so it seems not that.

The suggestion it may be over 60s cases are high is credible but it would be interesting if some journalist from the NW asked that question so we know why.

Personally I think GM being in measures in the lead up to Christmas may help us see out the inevitable Christmas rise but it is more complicated than that with livelihoods at stake. So someone should be asking what the reason is. Because its not case numbers.

It all makes no sense but it should. An infectious virus is circulating. The more places open and the more people mingling the more people will catch it. They can lock down for two months it falls, but open up again it rises. It's laughable they keep blaming people like naughty children, if they just have food shops open it will still spread. Depressingly we are stuck in this cycle forever unless the vaccine works and/or the virus starts to dissipate of it's own accord.
Agreed.
Notwithstanding the fact that I disagree with the way the tier system is being implemented, I'm praying on early release and roll out of the vaccine and that test and trace will now be in a better state to track the lower level of infections.

Agreed.
Notwithstanding the fact that I disagree with the way the tier system is being implemented, I'm praying on early release and roll out of the vaccine and that test and trace will now be in a better state to track the lower level of infections.
They've just announced in our council area that the council will be taking over the contact and trace locally next week, taking over where the NHS can't find contacts, which seems like good news.

Thats great news. Does anyone know how many doses of that particular vaccine we have procured? I know we have 100 million doses of the Oxford one on order but less of the Pfizer?
30 million, but don't expect they'll all be here on day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.