COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other watch areas;

Andyhinch - Cheshire East - not good news sadly. Another record day. Think we know why.

124 cases - up from 101. Five of the last 6 over 100 (and the other was 96). Total cases 10, 560.

Pop score up 32 - more than most places in GM today. And Liverpool. To 2749.

Weekly Pop up from 167 to 188. Big rise and when I started tracking here for Andy it was down just over 100 and mid way between the two best GM boroughs then - Trafford and Stockport with the rest of GM well ahead.

Since them every borough in GM has been overtaken by Cheshire East and it now has a higher weekly Pop than the whole of Greater Manchester.

If ever there was an advert for why these tiers do not work and just export cases from higher tiers to lower tiers as people get around the rules in droves by going for drinks and meals just a few miles away in lower tier locations THIS IS IT.

I am convinced this will be happening all over the UK and the government know it because they used it to justify why they were not taking Tameside out of Tier 3 in Greater Manchester.

But it is utterly pointless doing that to protect Tameside from spiking by tier tourists if you can just go in the opposite direction and spike some other location.

This is not far fetched. It clearly happens.
I totally agree with you on the various tiers
It just encourages people to move about,
Get pissed then maybe pass the virus on to who ever..
With not one thought of the consequences.

The most stupid thing about these current tiers right now, I'm in tier 4, and 4 miles down the road it's tier 2, and this is the case round most of the whole southeast tier 4 area, and the 2 isolated tier 4 areas in Portsmouth and Peterborough.

So a mate of mine lives in a tier 4 area, but his nearest supermarket is in tier 2 is about 4 miles away. He could shop at the same supermarket chain in tier 4 but would need a 30 mile round trip.

we have a vaccine that has gone to 500k people allready and this will ramp up. Also the last summer had a huge impact. We just need to get through January and February.

Sounds impressive until you realise those 500,000 people still have to go back for their second jab.

Seriously mate, this roll out will still be insufficient numbers by next Winter.

Sounds impressive until you realise those 500,000 people still have to go back for their second jab.

Seriously mate, this roll out will still be insufficient numbers by next Winter.

no chance. Once the over 50s are done very few are dieing of it. We can get through the over 50s by spring.

But isn’t the point that the outcome that they are looking to achieve is to bring the numbers down not keep them where they are hence the want for greater restrictions.

The point is that current restrictions are expected* to result in prevalence doubling every 6 days. As that would be a catastrophe, tighter restrictions are needed.

The longer we wait to put on those restrictions, the more people will die. Much worse if the reality is at the bad end of what is projected, we may not be able to contain it at all, and vaccination will be overtaken by an out of control virus. In these circumstances, there is no benefit in waiting, and it's very clear urgent action is required.

*it's of course not certain that the early data on the new variant will pan out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.