COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone. I feel like even having the conversation is a bit flippant but anyone who uses daily exercise to keep themselves 'up' will understand (and I'm going through a particularly rough patch too). My daughter uses for her mental health too (she has ASD) and she's had a remarkable turnaround since getting fit (she's 15 and really into power lifting...ironically empowering her confidence).
Gym was a bit emptier last night (then again it always is on a Friday evening) but they too have a selection of hand sanitisers everywhere.
Pool is a good shout. This place is my salvation in the evening...similar to pubs of old where you'd bump into people and have a chat (difference I'm not chucking alcohol down my neck).

Not sure if it's my current low mindset but I'm feeling the negativity much more at the moment. Was due to visit a company for a day next week which would be very important for my career change but that's gone really quiet for obvious reasons. I was almost on a good track again.
I hear you mate; I have been a daily swimmer for 20 years now and it saved my life. I was in the pits of an absolute black depression and, little by little, length by length, it was my saviour (that and a daily ant-depressant that I have used for 20 years too), so keep up the exercise, whatever it takes. On Christmas Day, the only day my gym is shut, I buy a resident's pass for the a hotel which has a pool. My gym (David LLoyd, Cheadle) was deserted this evening, had the whole of the pool to myself. It's nailed on to shut so I'm getting prepared; as I said earlier the bike will get cleaned and I'll hit the road. The great thing about running/cycling is that you need nothing but the open road (and a bike!). This thing will pass and we'll come out the other side with a much better sense of perspective; we'll know what's truly important. Family and friends. As for the career change, you'll get there bud, in good time. Stay on target, keep steady, all will be good.In meantime, get plotting some decent running routes.

Eton closing.
State schools not.
So that's good, herd immunity doesn't apply to our future gene pool of leaders.
Meanwhile Newton Dunn of the Sun reporting that some Cabinet Ministers are urging Johnson to 'come clean' about the UK Government's herd immunity policy and the possible downsides.
Yes, but the reasons given for not shutting schools are:
Vital healthcare workers would be forced to stay at home
Vulnerable grandparents would have to step in and be exposed to the virus
Teenage kids would hang about in parks spreading the virus

I don’t think any of those apply to Eton kids. There might be an increased risk of spreading the virus among nannies

I don’t think any of those apply to Eton kids. There might be an increased risk of spreading the virus among nannies
We’ll see if there’s a flare up of cases in Slovakia as a result of this.

Kids can't hang about in parks but going to the football was deemed fine,hmmmm

Not trying to put you off because I genuinely don't know, but have public swimming pools been officially okayed due to the chlorine?
I think airborne viruses don't survive well in water generally. Obviously you can still catch it from the other people in the pool though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.