COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course people come first but the economy is vital for people as well. Companies close, jobs are lost, people lose their houses, can't feed their families etc. That is why it is such a delicate balancing act - trying to minimise damage to the economy while keeping people safe.
I’m so unconvinced that any strategy will make much difference in terms of the economy. There’s going to be a global crash the likes of which we may never have seen before. We surely won’t be immune from that no matter what we do. Completely prioritise saving lives now and rebuild the economy after. I don’t see any reasonable alternative to that, personally.

I’m so unconvinced that any strategy will make much difference in terms of the economy. There’s going to be a global crash the likes of which we may never have seen before. We surely won’t be immune from that no matter what we do. Completely prioritise saving lives now and rebuild the economy after. I don’t see any reasonable alternative to that, personally.

That's the difficult bit. Some countries have gone into full lockdown, others have closed schools but not borders, some have done neither. I think all countries have the same tools at their disposal. It's just when and how best to use them. Some may come out of this period better but then get hit harder later in the year, whereas others may be the opposite.

it’s not really how Big Pharma do business though. They like the big bucks to be agreed before their products are distributed.

We have seen unprecedented global events in the last few weeks and will continue to see more on a government, corporate, sporting and personal level - pharma companies will bend to whatever the governments tell them to do in situations like this, they will have a shotgun to the head - they will get paid but the public comes first

BREAKINGFrance announces sweeping restrictions
French Prime Minister Edouard Philippe has ordered the closure of all non-essential public locations from midnight (23:00 GMT Saturday) in response to the coronavirus outbreak.

The measure applies to restaurants, cafes, cinemas and nightclubs, as well as "non-essential" businesses.

Mr Philippe also called on French people to reduce their travel, especially between towns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.