COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The positive thing is getting the virus isn’t terminal. 41 people out of 1,200 infected so far have died and the vast majority being elderly and having previous respiratory issues.

The BBC is saying only one younger and healthier person, who’s a doctor, has died so far.

Sorry but the common flu this past year has killed 61200 which is 0.14% of all who had it.

This Coronavirus has killed 3.41% at the moment but that is only a small sample size. That is why there is so much concern regarding it.

Scary stuff. Will hit uk
Tokyo Olympics not great now with global influx of people into the far East.
China I suspect hiding true death toll

SAR, MERS, and the common cold are all forms of a coronavirus.

Something I never knew till today.

SARS hit Toronto when my Dad was seriously ill in hospital. Everyone was in quarantine and visitation was extremely restricted. One family member per day for an hour visit if I remember correctly.
The only time we were all allowed in together was to watch him die. It was fucking terrible.

There's a new programme on netflix, just started, pandemic. Scary stuff. When spanish flu hit in 1918, probably 50 million, and possibly as high as 100 million (three to five percent of Earth's population at the time) died. That's without the global flights we have now. They reckon it's will happen again, just a matter of when and it could wipe out 100's of millions.

Sorry but the common flu this past year has killed 61200 which is 0.14% of all who had it.

This Coronavirus has killed 3.41% at the moment but that is only a small sample size. That is why there is so much concern regarding it.

I completely understand it’s worse than the common flu and I didn’t say otherwise.
My point is that it’s not as concerning as the likes of Ebola and the vast majority will survive it. I agree it’s still very bad news but there are positives.

I completely understand it’s worse than the common flu and I didn’t say otherwise.
My point is that it’s not as concerning as the likes of Ebola and the vast majority will survive it. I agree it’s still very bad news but there are positives.

It spreads easier than ebola though that is my point, common flu normally kills the elderly or the really young and is still only 0.14%. Where as this is 3.41% already and that is with a small sample size. If it spreads into all of China we could end up seeing an awful amount of deaths.

I just worry about the Chinese Government and how honest they will be about the whole situation, I don't trust them one bit. UK Government is trying to track 2000 people who have been in that Wuhan city!

I'm getting the bags packed ready to flee to the Winchester until it all blows over.

It spreads easier than ebola though that is my point, common flu normally kills the elderly or the really young and is still only 0.14%. Where as this is 3.41% already and that is with a small sample size. If it spreads into all of China we could end up seeing an awful amount of deaths.

I just worry about the Chinese Government and how honest they will be about the whole situation, I don't trust them one bit. UK Government is trying to track 2000 people who have been in that Wuhan city!

I'm getting the bags packed ready to flee to the Winchester until it all blows over.

Get me a beer will you, I won’t be long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.