COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone explain to me why Eldris Elba testing positive warrants it being on the Sky news breaking news banner?
It’s a way of advertising what to do if you have it. I’d be surprised if any of these celebs even have it.

Posted this in the other bloody thread but guess it’s more relevant here.

Science correspondent from the Times talking about the modelling used.

Some more from the modelling press conference

"We were expecting herd immunity to build. We now realise it’s not possible to cope with that. " - Prof Azra Ghani

"Closing schools would have some effect at reducing transmission. Closing schools on its own will have a significant effect on healthcare capacity. If I was to guess, it is quite likely to happen"

"The aim now is not to slow the rate of growth of cases, but put the epidemic in reverse. Hopefully there will be tens of thousands of deaths. Maybe just a few thousand."

Seems we have realised we needed to reverse course.

Seriously now, going off the advice from Boris tonight I am expecting tomorrow at work to be decimated, his advise was anyone with a fever OR a cough.

Well we have loads of people with coughs who are in work as the information they were given before was specific to a new or dry cough.

My wife has Asthma, works in a school and has had a cough for a couple of day's. Going off the advise tonight we should now be off work for 14 days.

What happens tomorrow when a guy at work coughs a few times and the people near him complain.

I’ve just walked through Altrincham town centre after work and every pub was busy and the gym was too.

People don’t give a shit about being given advice. If they get some time off work, they’re going to the pub!

if they’re open people will go. Telling people not to go won’t change anything.
Telling these places to close might

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.