COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally disagree. Tou have to ratchet it up to find out the impact of each action otherwise when you ease restrictions, you won't have a scooby what effect it will have and suddenly you're back to square one.

Unfortunately I think when our death toll goes past Italy’s due to this week of dithering and U-turns it will show what a monumental fuck up this was. Obviously hope to God you’re right though.

When the dust settles smoking will be a major statistic when the worst affected are assessed.

already is in China. Big differential there in male and female death rates. Huge proportion of the male population smokes there, and the death rate is much higher. Women smoke a lot less for social reasons and the death rate is much lower.

in relation to a virus that attacks the respiratory system, go figure.

The cough sore throat and breathing difficulty came on in a few hours,3 or 4 days after wembley,i was tested at the first emergency treatment,took about 2 days to come back,might be a few hours out as i lost a few days,i had pnuemonia and without a chest xray he couldnt be sure if it was viral or bacterial so i had a loading dose iv and tablets,a few days later my breathing went again so i was seen again,by then i was coughing up tons of shit so i had a different antibiotic,since then the scientists have identified that sticky stuff builds up in the lungs,it looks like white lines everywhere,that is viral pneumonia,antibiotics only work on bacteria and so you won't get them

Ok thanks. Were the docs protected from your virus on this ? Did they know they were treating for Corona

any tips looking back for when that sore throat breathing started ? Did you also have high temp ?

The sad thing is that staying at home isn’t going to help really. All the people out tonight will be in parks and supermarkets tomorrow. Selfish twats that aren’t being led properly and are incapable of being responsible.
I'll be sharing a workspace with some in the morning. One of them is on FB bemoaning the fact that it's £1.50 a pint and he's got to get an early night for work.

So glad your feeling better. Karen.
I got it on Monday - it was like being hit by a train. No fever but very bad cough and lungs very painful with blood pressure through the roof. Tuesday worse, Wednesday no better but also aching all over, Thurday lung stuff down to occasional pain with cough gone and tingling + occasional ache and blood pressure down quite a lot. Also kidneys painful. Today just a stuffy nose the occasional ache especially in the Kidneys with blood pressure nearly back to normal. I had a very very mild sore throat the Monday before I got hit by the hammer but took action as a result of warnings to boost my immune system. Thank God I did or I'd be in a right state.
If I haven't had it I'd love to know what the fuck I've had. Every symptom is in the wrong order for cold or flu or cough.

Must have caught it at the doctors surgery where Ivechad MCL treatment. Everywhere else I've been scrupulous on keeping my distance.

@BlueAnorak

I haven’t posted but have been following this thread, taking a particular interest in the experiences of anyone who has been through what appears to have been a pretty horrendous time.

It’s reassuring that you both now seem to be over the worst and my best wishes for your further recovery.

I have one quick question: you mentioned blood pressure several times. Is this because you had high blood pressure before contracting the virus?

My reason for asking is because I am on medication for this and so am obviously apprehensive about the potential effect that Covid-19 might have if I end up getting it.

Note: in spite of some media scare stories about blood pressure medication making life easier for the virus to take hold, there is, apparently, no clear scientific evidence confirming this.

Nevertheless, it would be nice to know that someone with this fairly common health issue still remained sufficiently robust to come out on the the other side of an encounter with the coronavirus relatively unscathed.

Thanks in advance for your help with this.

All week I’ve been concerned, stay in for 12 weeks they say, who’s fucking paying me,
WOW hats fuckin off, that’s how to govern that’s how to support, that’s how to rally a nation, figure head Boris, closing down stuff then unlike trump hands the reigns to his reliables to blow my mind.
I sincerely have to say what a fuckin government.

All week I’ve been concerned, stay in for 12 weeks they say, who’s fucking paying me,
WOW hats fuckin off, that’s how to govern that’s how to support, that’s how to rally a nation, figure head Boris, closing down stuff then unlike trump hands the reigns to his reliables to blow my mind.
Congrats. I sincerely hope you’ll be saying that in three weeks.

He’s impressed me today, closing things down should have happened last week though....

The cough sore throat and breathing difficulty came on in a few hours,3 or 4 days after wembley,i was tested at the first emergency treatment,took about 2 days to come back,might be a few hours out as i lost a few days,i had pnuemonia and without a chest xray he couldnt be sure if it was viral or bacterial so i had a loading dose iv and tablets,a few days later my breathing went again so i was seen again,by then i was coughing up tons of shit so i had a different antibiotic,since then the scientists have identified that sticky stuff builds up in the lungs,it looks like white lines everywhere,that is viral pneumonia,antibiotics only work on bacteria and so you won't get them
Just to clarify an X-ray (or CT) won't distinguish viral or bacterial pneumonia.

The radiological features of covid-19 are non-specific and the guidelines state radiology plays no role in the diagnosis at present; just used to exclude other causes.

You're of course correct antibiotics won't help a viral infection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.