COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems likely that treatment will become selective based on age and underlying health conditions from now on. Realistically, what can you do for someone in their 80s with pre-existing conditions for example?

It's brutal but if the NHS is overwhelmed then stark choices have to be made.

Had a text of a mate who works in my local 2 days a week the rest he is out and about with people with learning disabilities. Bbq in 2 weeks behind closed doors at the pub in the garden.my reply ....are you fucking mental.

what will it take for people to realise how fucking serious this is now and will GET.

Can't believe this idiot.
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/im-33-coronavirus-left-struggling-112540463.html

Went to the hospital in an uber and came home in one.

I was thinking about this earlier, because I saw a Canadian kid did the same.

The problem is...what do you do if you live alone (or the only family who could drive you are in a high risk group), are too ill to drive, but not ill enough to need to use up an ambulance?

I don't have an answer. Getting an Uber isn't the answer, but I don't know what is.

Of 326 closed cases in the UK, 233 have died and 93 have recovered. 71% death rate. I think that means 71% of people that go to hospital will die of it? (correct me if I'm wrong).

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

We only test people in hospital(and those that pay) so a 71% rate doesn’t tell the whole story

There are people with it who have no symptoms and those that have it who are told just to stay at home and self-isolate, which is discretionary. I find that absurd

Test, test, test and get a better understanding of where it is and who has got it. Data is king in this sort of crisis

As for the landlord of that pub someone mentioned earlier in the thread, he’d be straight to prison and the pub burnt down if it was up to me

It seems likely that treatment will become selective based on age and underlying health conditions from now on. Realistically, what can you do for someone in their 80s with pre-existing conditions for example?

Invent a time machine and force people to take this seriously 6 weeks ago.

That's exactly what's happening in Italy as they are such an ageing population.

Didn't our chief medical guy say the other day that anything under 20,000 UK deaths would be a best case scenario or words to that effect.

These figure grow so quickly it's scary.

Yes he did. I think the worst case based on 80% of the population getting it must he around 500,000.

Are John Aldridge, Phil Thompson and the rest of those knobheads still insisting that we should finish the season regardless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.