COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve just been trying to find a report I read, at some point during all this, that said something like COVID-19 attaches to cells and unlocks the door to get inside the cell to replicate and move onto another cell. However, even if our body fights off some of the replicated cells, some of the replicated viruses remain in some cells and can then replicate further.

I can’t bloody find it though. Maybe it was false!

But this might explain why there are cases of reinfection.
The ACE2 receptor is the protein the virus locks onto to get into the cell and the reason diabetics and those with high blood pressure are getting battered by this virus.

breathing can transmit at 2m
coughing upto 4m
sneezing up to 7/8m

Areosol vs droplet now no longer applies and considered old fashioned thinking.

You mean to go on public transport or go food shopping you should wear a mask? Shit. Who'd have known.

Thanks so much for that!

It seems they have now announced a self-employment income support scheme - SEISS - I might be eligible as half my salary is PAYE and my dividends are split between myself and my wife. More importantly, it is a grant that doesn't need paying back and I can continue working.

My profits are also under the benchmark, but will check with my accountant if she thinks my last three year self-assessment returns will see me contacted by HMRC and paid 80 per cent accordingly.

The only grey area is I am an employee of my own company, so whether they would assess me as self-employed, I very much doubt.

Hi Tolmie,

Probably already covered but no, you are not self-employed. In the situation described you are most definitely an employee of your company, but at least you will be eligible for the 80% furlough scheme IF you have to shut shop (sorry if already covered).

Do you receive small business rates relief from the council? If so you may be eligible for the grants of up to £10,000 from the council.

Stay safe

An NHS consultant has become the latest healthcare worker to die in the UK after contracting coronavirus.

Dr Anton Sebastianpillai was a long-serving member of the team at Kingston Hospital in southwest London

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...ston-hospital-after-testing-positive-11970382

Fourteen transport workers have died in London after contracting the coronavirus, mayor Sadiq Khan has told Sky News.

Mr Khan told Kay Burley@Breakfast that the death toll includes nine bus drivers, as well as three Transport for London workers, an Underground employee and a worker for one of TfL's suppliers

A Chinese Professor living in Nottingham has just been telling BBC News not to believe China in what they’ve reported throughout all of this.

But that we should learn about how they lockdown in depth.
We can't weld people into their apartments.
However we can adopt Taiwan track and trade and Korean testing.
That said throwing those who break the rules into a big room to spread and catch the virus from each other either become imune or ill seems a good idea to me as they can't mess up recovery from lockdown.

Last edited:
1.5 Trillion Euros? Fucking hell
Worst case, it could cost the UK about £1.5tr on it's own @£80bn a month (furloughing £30-£40bn a month) - So worst case they're gunning for a fail there.

EDIT: Figures above are too high the government figures are over 3 months, so not one month, so costs are possibly 1/2 a trillion over 2020.

Last edited:
Well apparently they are thinking of re-opening schools after Easter, so presumably with that and all the germs schools carry, we'll also see 1000s go back to work and not socially-distance.

IF that happens, I can see us turning the curve upwards again.

tbf they haven’t actually announced a plan/exit strategy yet. They won’t until the threat has significantly gone down. I think it would be pointless to say your can go to work in may for example.

I’d have thought it would be a gradual process over the year. Some of the reports in Italy of easing restrictions sound mad to me though and the obvious risk is of millions more getting infected

There's a lot we don't know yet.

Animal human reverse infection. Re Tigers in zoo.

People possibly getting it again quite soon after all clear. Korea

The distance needed to avoid infection. See video above.

Taking all this into account, going back to school or work anytime soon would seem crazy.

So, all these things are related to the global/ capitalist pressure over the economy. The need to get things 'back to normal', when they have no idea of what is happen regarding this pandemic, is mind boggling.

We can certainly see that people are secondary to currency/ wealth as plain as the nose on your face.

As a society, we have to ask the question why.

My view on it is, they are building a LOT of extra capacity with the Nightingale hospitals. add into the mix that the natural drop in capacity being used by flu patients means in the next month we will be in a far better place to help people who get it.

with that in mind, and an eye on the economy I can see us loosening the lockdown, trying to get a smaller peak when we have the capacity to handle it.

if we wait too long we end up hitting a peak again when the flu peaks start again.

Does that even correlate with what's happening now though? People haven't been dying here due to a lack of treatment have they? We're not at capacity according to the people at the top, and people are still dying regardless of the treatment they're getting. Why would it be any different then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.