COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let’s hope we continue to see a downward curve today and it is one day closer to a degree of normality.
Yes agree, although it's right to include the deaths outside hospitals adding them in at this stage does somewhat blur the trend. I did read that deaths in hospitals had dropped from 480 on Thursday to 430 on Friday that's about a 10% drop, i know that numbers should be looked at on a weekly basis for a better comparison but that drop is still pretty positive. What does anoy me is that we still seem to be letting thousands of people in and out of the country every day with little or no checks. Other countries appear to have closed their borders more securely than we have and it should be easier for us as an island nation.

Barcelona promenade looking busy on first day of restrictions easing. How long till you look at a photo like this and not think of the potential transmission of a virus?

I know measures have to eased at some point but it’s going to be hard to get used to again..

Tbf there might be good social distancing going on and it’s just the camera.

After seeing more photos I don’t think they can all be 2 or even 1 metre apart!

They don't have to be if they are from the same household do they?

Yes agree, although it's right to include the deaths outside hospitals adding them in at this stage does somewhat blur the trend. I did read that deaths in hospitals had dropped from 480 on Thursday to 430 on Friday that's about a 10% drop, i know that numbers should be looked at on a weekly basis for a better comparison but that drop is still pretty positive. What does anoy me is that we still seem to be letting thousands of people in and out of the country every day with little or no checks. Other countries appear to have closed their borders more securely than we have and it should be easier for us as an island nation.

Yes would agree on the airport point. Seems odd to me but sure some one will know better.

Do they do a briefing on Saturday?

Got us to the top of the death league and reacted so quick to this virus, keep on clapping sonny, I'll pass.

And you think other countries are as transparent as we are in reporting deaths, utter bollocks. Outside of say 3-4 other countries especially the US the rest is pure shite and it will be only be in say 10 months to a year or longer that the true figures will come out ...if ever!

Yes would agree on the airport point. Seems odd to me but sure some one will know better.

Do they do a briefing on Saturday?
I don't know tbh. Everyone's an expert these days and everyone on here has the benefit of hindsight. I just think it's a little strange to not let a fella or family drive a few miles say into the peak district for a walk on their own while at the same time allowing thousands to enter the UK with no checks. That said I supose we are a more liberal country than many others. France and Spain are much more authoratarian in the way their governments act. Same goes for South Korea and many South American countries.

Last edited:
I don't know tbh. Everyone's and expert these days and everyone on here has the benefit of hindsight. I just think it's a little strange to not let a fella or family drive a few miles say into the peak district for a walk on their own while at the same time allowing thousands to enter the UK with no checks. That said I supose we are a more liberal country than many others. France and Spain are much more authoratarian in the way their governments act. Same goes for South Korea and many South American countries.

Strange isn't the word. Absolutely crazy to let that happen and completely undermines the lockdown and ban on mass gatherings whilst enabling the widespread transmission of the virus to the UK. That decision is straight from the 'herd immunity' strategy.

Strange isn't the word. Absolutely crazy to let that happen and completely undermines the lockdown and ban on mass gatherings whilst enabling the widespread transmission of the virus to the UK. That decision is straight from the 'herd immunity' strategy.
This question has been asked and answered by the scientists every day for two weeks. We can’t stop the virus getting here because it’s already here, the numbers involved are statistically irrelevant, the people arriving here are going straight into lockdown, and this policy will be changed when we come out of lockdown.

I think hospital deaths is set for a reduction steeper than 20% this week which is good news. On the same trajectory as the reduction from a couple of weeks ago, we should have expected around 540 deaths on average in hospital this week but it looks like it'll be lower than that now.

This question has been asked and answered by the scientists every day for two weeks. We can’t stop the virus getting here because it’s already here, the numbers involved are statistically irrelevant, the people arriving here are going straight into lockdown, and this policy will be changed when we come out of lockdown.

Thanks for that. I knew I had quickly read something on it but had forgotten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.