COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just been out to buy bread and milk.
Fuck me there must be some parties planned this weekend.
Crates of booze being bought. One woman in front of me bought £39 of sausages!

Seen the same myself this morning. Sunny bank holiday and the newspapers making it sound like the virus has magically vanished will result in a lot of social gatherings this weekend.

Really is a catch 22

Pakistan will begin lifting a five-week coronavirus lockdown in phases on Saturday, even though the number of cases is still accelerating.

"We know that we're doing it at a time when our curve is going up,” Prime Minister Imran Khan told the nation, but he said "our people are suffering"

If it includes people on benefits and pensioners then yes that could possibly be correct. But we were paying them anyway, so it's highly misleading to include them.

No really. It just stated 27 million being paid by the state everyone else seemed to get it.

Really is a catch 22

Pakistan will begin lifting a five-week coronavirus lockdown in phases on Saturday, even though the number of cases is still accelerating.

"We know that we're doing it at a time when our curve is going up,” Prime Minister Imran Khan told the nation, but he said "our people are suffering"
I hope it proves not to be but I think Imran may have just bowled a long hop at the virus.

You know who I pity? Cunts like you with nothing better to do than spread fear and bullshit.
Cunts like me were being mocked 4000 pages ago when I said there would be no end to the EPL, the Olympics would be canceled , the Euro was a write off and the next World cup was under threat. My wife is deeply in the danger group and well aware whats possible. If you allow me to make a prediction....without being a cnut. Lockdown will be eased but the spike will send us all back indoors waiting for a vaccine that wont work. We should protect the vunerable but the rest of us should be outside. The psychological effects are damaging everybody

Cunts like me were being mocked 4000 pages ago when I said there would be no end to the EPL, the Olympics would be canceled , the Euro was a write off and the next World cup was under threat. My wife is deeply in the danger group and well aware whats possible. If you allow me to make a prediction....without being a cnut. Lockdown will be eased but the spike will send us all back indoors waiting for a vaccine that wont work. We should protect the vunerable but the rest of us should be outside. The psychological effects are damaging everybody

you said it was man made to reduce the population.

1. no proof it's man made
2. the population is increasing higher than that death rate.

Please Read
Facebook to Warn Users Who 'Like' Bad Coronavirus Info

Facebook will soon begin warning users when they interact with dangerous misinformation about the coronavirus.

A notice will be sent to users who have clicked on, reacted to, or commented on posts with harmful or false claims about COVID-19 after they have been removed by moderators. The notification, which will start appearing on Facebook in the next few weeks, will direct users to a site where the World Health Organization debunks misinformation about the virus.

Facebook said that in March it put more than 40 million warning labels on videos, posts or articles about the coronavirus that fact-checking organizations had determined to be false or misleading. Facebook says those warning labels have stopped 95% of users from clicking on the false information.

"It’s a big indicator that people are trusting the fact-checkers," said Baybars Orsek, director of the International Fact-Checking Network. However, Orsek also said that Facebook's data should be reviewed by outside editors or experts, and that the company should give regular updates about the impact of its fact-checking.

Facebook has recruited dozens of news organizations around the globe to check bad information. The Associated Press is part of that program.

Facebook will also begin promoting articles that debunk COVID-19 misinformation on a new information center called "Get The Facts."

Still, misinformation about the coronavirus continues to pop up on the site.

A study by Avaaz, a group that tracks and researches online misinformation, found more than 100 pieces of misinformation about the coronavirus on Facebook, and they were viewed millions of times even after the claims had been marked as false or misleading by fact-checkers. Other false claims on the site were not marked as misinformation, despite being found to be false by fact-checkers.

In its report, Avaaz said that coronavirus misinformation spreads faster than Facebook’s current system can track it. The group noted that it can take as long as 22 days for Facebook to label misinformation — giving it plenty of time to spread.

Facebook and Youtube are directing you to the WHO website as the only source of true information. The same WHO that lied for the Chinese. Today there is a video being removed from both sites in haste. Deleted bcause they contradict the WHO with world renown viroligists and doctors

Last edited:
I’ll echo the psychological bit my wife who’s in the vulnerable group working from home trying to home school when I’m at work had a mini meltdown last night. It’s getting to her, becoming snappy with our daughter and me, I’m glad I can get to work, don’t really know what the answer is but if there’s no sign of a vaccine I think everyone is just going to ha e to go for it and survive as best we can with big restrictions this is no way to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.