COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the whole concept of pop-up test centres is even more bizarre, maybe people are supposed to try to time catching the virus so they can get tested while the circus is in town.
A lot of the "pop up" testing is aimed at care homes, so it is useful, also where I live the allocated test centre for key workers was at Gatwick, and that is a 180 mile round trip, so nobody was doing it, in the last few days there have been 2 local "pop up" test stations, so people who are self isolating can find out if they can go back to work.

That said, I'm also not totally convinced that some of these tests are being conducted well enough to be sure there is no cross contamination.

5 - 6000 new infections per day, 100,000 per day across the world. Figures we are told need the x 20 factor. What is causing all these new cases when I see empty streets everywhere. What is the one thing we do everyday. Why does nobody talk about the biggest reason fro transmission. We all shop and pay with card or card. No social distancing, virus from note or coin to next customer. Just my opinion but if correct it would basically shut down the world. Can anybod else give a reason for millions of infections. Please dont say wear a mask

5 - 6000 new infections per day, 100,000 per day across the world. Figures we are told need the x 20 factor. What is causing all these new cases when I see empty streets everywhere. What is the one thing we do everyday. Why does nobody talk about the biggest reason fro transmission. We all shop and pay with card or card. No social distancing, virus from note or coin to next customer. Just my opinion but if correct it would basically shut down the world. Can anybod else give a reason for millions of infections. Please dont say wear a mask

What is the biggest cause of transmission that no one is talking about? Shopping?

Because of lockdown infection rate in UK is decreasing, it was never going to suddenly stop over night - we haven’t had a ‘draconian’ lockdown which would have helped it decrease even more, but may have caused a lot of other grief.

My son broke the lockdown !

Both my son and his gf (works in intensive care) havent seen each other since the start of lockdown. Last Friday as it was his birthday on the Monday and her's of the Friday they meet up on the beach and walked and talked, exchanged cards and presents etc. He told me keeping 2 meters apart all the time. I believe him.

I am so proud of the way they have both behaved all thought this lockdown that was the only time they have seen each other in over 6 weeks now.

Yet in our local paper the tips are reopening. My son said I am breaking lockdown rules by making a unnecessary journey to the beach (10 minute drive) to walk 2 away from my gf for the 1st time in months Yet I can make a necessary journey to the tip ... have a crash or catch the virus which will mean my gf will be dealing with them. She could catch the virus etc.

How is going to the tip a necessary journey ? These doctors, nurses , ambulance workers dont need more pressure by people in their 1000s now doing tip runs. It not fair on the NHS. You have had the rubbish in your house or garden for years another few months wont hurt.

Think of the NHS staff who are giving up so much before you make unnecessary journeys like the bloody tip run

Looking at the table above, the May 11 easings are happening 2 weeks too early in my view.

I've said before that the UK was roughly a week behind Spain but for one reason or another that's looking more like 2 weeks now.

As Spain is easing restrictions Monday, which is debatable in itself, it makes no sense that the UK with large numbers still being posted follows suit.

Call me churlish but the endless succession on TV of coronavirus survivors telling us how they escaped the jaws of death after great suffering - is not really uplifting for those of us who have yet to be stricken.

Call me churlish but the endless succession on TV of coronavirus survivors telling us how they escaped the jaws of death after great suffering - is not really uplifting for those of us who have yet to be stricken.
That’s the PM for you..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.