COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the contact tracing app crashed and burned in the Isle of White as it doesnt work on older phones and burns Apple battery life.
Government sponsored health applications in a nutshell.
Stage 2 is bringing in tne Apple and Google boys (and girls) to try and fix it.
Stage 3 will probably to ditch it and pretend the Google/Apple version is their own.

Here's how the project will go in 5 pictures:
tree-swing-project-management-featured.jpg
Another example of us going out own way,this has been a bollocks policy from the very start

And 40 of todays reported 207 English hospital deaths were in the North West. The worst region. Now the epicentre of the UK.
Unfortunately, must say I “sort of” judge things on levels of ambulances screeching past my house, and only remarked earlier to missus that there’s been a marked increase in last few days.

• Another 207 people with COVID-19 have died in hospitals in England
  • There have been 36 more deaths in Scotland, and nine more in Wales
  • Ireland to come

i think they have their arms twisted up their backs to do something, so a DIY half hearted quarantine will pacify, from all the press meetings its been quite clear there not bothered about tightening up on people coming in via the airports, as they said its a small minority that do get through with the virus and a hey ho its here anyway attitude

Possibly yes. The travel industry aren't happy obviously, but in reality nobody is going to be travelling on holiday until at least October/November at the earliest I reckon and the policy could have been retracted by then.

Thought it looked lower today in hospitals. About 200 in England and 9 in Wales so probably under 250 for the whole UK. I don't remember last Saturday's figures but I don't remember it being so low. Certainly well down on the 8-900 from a few weeks ago.

Was speaking to a nurse who works at Harrogate hospital yesterday and apparently there are not presently any Covid-19 cases in the hospital there or in the Nightingale hospital that is also in the town.

Maybe Micah can suggest to Pep that City pop over to Harrogate for pre / season resumption training.

I’m hoping that the lower figures are a positive sign. I’m just a bit worried that a lot of people may have been off work yesterday so there might be plenty of gaps in the information returned. Leeds has been quiet since the “lockdown” but yesterday seemed busier than a normal Friday.

Thought it looked lower today in hospitals. About 200 in England and 9 in Wales so probably under 250 for the whole UK. I don't remember last Saturday's figures but I don't remember it being so low. Certainly well down on the 8-900 from a few weeks ago.
Don't forget yesterday was a Bank Holiday so the same caveats apply as to reports from the weekend.

Daily briefing

Total tests 1,728,443

Last 24hrs tests 96,878

Positive tests 215,260

Hospital in patients 11,809 17% down since last sat

Deaths 31,587 in all settings

346 last 24hrs

Stay in lockdown this weekend

Transports network will only have one in ten capacity as compared to before going towards

Encourage people to walk and cycle instead

National cycling plan from june,bigger cycling lanes,councils have to make it easier to cycle,bikes will be made available from employers

Drs to encourage us to cycle

(That will sort it then)

Trials of e scooters rental schemes to start

Electric vehicles charging points to be increased

Pot holes to be filled

Apps to avoid travel hotspots on public transport

When we travel again we must keep social distancing and basic rules

Hackney police overwhelmed in the parks today.

All because of those newspaper headlines 2 day ago in my opinion, they should have been addressed to prevent shit like this.

We're going to be dealing with this a lot longer than we should have to.

Serious question without wanting to make light of the current situation but how will you feel if the lock down is extended by a further 3 weeks with minimal lifting of the restrictions? There has been a lot of speculation about what might be lifted but I suspect most of it will be bullshit. I can't see anything significant changing other than trying to get some sectors back to work.

I admit that I am struggling mentally the longer this goes on, not seeing family is the main problem for me but being unable to partake in sports and go to the Gym is taking it's toll as well.

I tend to have quite a structured approach to my life, not OCD in any way but I like a schedule. I am fortunate in the fact that i have been back at work for pretty much the whole lock down to date and so i'm not stuck in the house.

I can see a real breakdown in these measures the longer the lock down continues and the fear is it puts us back by weeks if not months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.