COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did but see many on here that get ignored and let go.

Being called a **** on here these days is very much allowed so not too sure what it was that got him a ban?

Possibly the truth?
He went in on two sips in a completely unnecessary manner. If he'd just called him a **** he'd have been OK.

But to be fair we are significantly behind in the cycle compared to e.g. France, Spain, Italy and signficantly behind others e.g. Denmark, Germany in terms of the levels of infections and death rate. Each country must act appropriately for the particular circumstances it finds itself in, not just do what others are doing.

I think its very clear indeed that the criminal delay in imposing lock down in the first place has been close to a catastrophe, it has made this outbreak here much worse than it could and probably should have been.

Personally my gut feeling is that the lock down should have been a little more strict and that it should probably have remained in place until the start of June. If there was a little less pond life living in this country we might get a way with this loosening of things now, and sadly that I fear it maybe another costly mistake by Boris. They way the country is he maybe had little choice but to take what I think is a considerable gamble.

And they’ve now asked everyone at my work to go in tomorrow, even though I can work from home (work in a office).... sure this is the same for millions of others.

Any point in the so called lock down now?
Well then your employee is out of line. It was pretty clear that you should only go back to work if you can't work from home. That was probably the clearest thing he said all night

May have been addressed but what’s to drop anyone who wants to come here and avoid quanrantine travelling through France?
I suppose the easiest way to control it is to only let those wearing stripy jumpers, a beret and carrying a baguette with a string of garlic around their necks. Riding a bycicle is not compulsory.

Predictably, pictures of crowded public transport are starting to emerge. We really, really need to find a way to get masks to people who have to use it, or some kind of solution anyway. No way this will end well otherwise.

I think its very clear indeed that the criminal delay in imposing lock down in the first place has been close to a catastrophe, it has made this outbreak here much worse than it could and probably should have been.

Personally my gut feeling is that the lock down should have been a little more strict and that it should probably have remained in place until the start of June. If there was a little less pond life living in this country we might get a way with this loosening of things now, and sadly that I fear it maybe another costly mistake by Boris. They way the country is he maybe had little choice but to take what I think is a considerable gamble.
I'd agree with all of that.

For me the real tragedy is that we - or indeed any other country for that matter - had to have a huge peak in the first place. It's not like 30 or 40 thousand people had to die before we could contemplate relaxing restrictions. Had we put tough restrictions in place much earlier, we could have relaxed them weeks ago already, having only had a fraction of the number of deaths.

As far as I can tell the *only* argument which prevented us from doing this was "the public would get bored and would not stick to it". IMO that was mistaken analysis, not least since the lockdown could have been for a much shorter period. But even if it's correct, surely stricter enforcement was the answer to that, not just letting people die instead.

I think it all stems from those critical initial 2 or 3 weeks when the powers that be were imagining that herd immunity was the answer so let's just allow thousands to get infected. The stopping of testing was another travesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.