COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
How long you got?

She has constantly followed what England has done but somehow made it look like she had made better decisions, then posters came on here almost goating how much better Scotland have faired. I tried pointing out that the population of Scotland was much smaller, and that they could make decision after seeing how we faired first.
You would need to go back to the start to see these posts.

Oh and before you claim i'm some little englander, i'm part scottish (my mother) and lived in Kirkcaldy until i was eleven...

I've obviously started posting on this thread later than all the gloating then, and I began around or before the peak of infections, so I'd be surprised if anyone was gloating about anything so ridiculously early.

Even still, if Scotland had zero deaths in total I still wouldn't be gloating, its a horrible subject to gloat about. People have lost and are losing their loved ones throughout the world and there's nothing for anyone to take pride in at that, not even the prime minister of New Zealand or such like.

On the politics side of it I respectfully disagree with your comments, but I'll leave that for the relevant forum if I ever dare to visit the place again.

A Swedish ER doctor writes about his view of the pandemic if somebody is interested.
https://sebastianrushworth.com/2020/08/04/how-bad-is-covid-really-a-swedish-doctors-perspective/
That is quite possibly one of the most sensible articles I've read since the very start. The fact that it has been pretty much completely ignored in the following 10 pages sums up this thread completely.

Something tells me if it had been a negative article the doom and gloomers would have been all over it...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...killed-two-people-three-died-coronavirus.html

@kaz7

I know it’s the Mail but they’re using the government’s own figures.

16,000 for 25,000 that died during the peak, died not from Coronavirus but because of lockdown, in 5 weeks.
Many of those who died, died of dementia. They may not have known who their visitors were but not having visitors distressed them greatly and being frail, the stress took their lives earlier than thd usual pathway.
The next wave of uninted deaths are starting now. We may have saved the NHS from collapsee, but at what cost? There are 10-20k who can now only be given palliative care for cancer rather than a cure. Will they be noticed in the excess death figures? Who knows. Those who died of dementia would have died in the next couple of years but have already died.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.