COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know those 5k removed from the Government minimalist death figures, surely the cause of their deaths could be ascertained from death certificates and added back to the total ?
Just askin' like.

Really? the evidence of constantly offering opinions as fact, the evidence of 100% of the tweets i have seen from him being overly optimistic even in the darkest days of this outbreak. We have come a long way since March but we still lag behind on so much on peer reviewed science, the T cell theory being just one example. I, you and he all know the dangers of presenting a one sided view of anything and how that influences the most easily swayed in society. We can only move as fast as our slowest person or else misinformation spreads. I get as i think Karen said that he deals in hope and there is definitely a place for that, an important place but as a medical professional talking out of his main field of expertise he should deal in facts not hope and conjecture. I don't see that as at all controversial.

I respect your opinion but you have offered no evidence back your claims against the Professor.

Yes he is very positive but I don’t see giving people hope is a problem as long as they highlight how important it is to comply with the Covid 19 rules.

The following comments are not aimed at your posts. Too many people’s views are dominated by their political outlook on this thread and I share the view that the Government has been a shambles. However, I can recognise, for example, when the daily mortality figures have been inflated with the impact of undermining morale (rather than making people more careful) and the need to target solutions at worst affected areas so I hope Oldham is locked down.

Regarding the outlook for cancer patients, I read that the impact could be catastrophic if access to services is limited for much longer. The Professor is right to raise this on a regular basis IMHO, just like campaigners against domestic abuse are right to raise their concerns.

46 of the 47 infections in Scotland are in the 15-64 age rage. I realise that's a bit vague and can narrow it down further but the main point here is that only 1 is older (65-74 range)

we had time advantage to see and prepare for what was coming,we went our own way ,i was screaming about both and for the stopping of mass gatherings,no hindsight required,we literally had the WHO and Ita!y screaming at us to change course,we didnt
You might have been "screaming about both" yet you attended a mass gathering. At that time it was spreading quickly but we didn't know that, it was 2-3 weeks later when we knew it, and the mass gathering you attended was in the worst borough in London at the time. As I said there is an awful lot of "hindsight" about why were so bad, and yet we'd only just started to find out about the Italian spread at that point.

You might have been "screaming about both" yet you attended a mass gathering. At that time it was spreading quickly but we didn't know that, it was 2-3 weeks later when we knew it, and the mass gathering you attended was in the worst borough in London at the time. As I said there is an awful lot of "hindsight" about why were so bad, and yet we'd only just started to find out about the Italian spread at that point.
Wembley was very early,we didn't have deaths or data at that point,all the mass gatherings that followed should not have been allowed let alone boris going to the rugby and shaking hands and them at the top catching it,football shutting down did us a favour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.