COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree , especially as we are obbsessed with number of new cases.

It was the same in Aberdeen with those 62 who got tested. What happened to them, how many died how did it spread.

it just seems to be 100 people tested positive and I would like to know what happened then....they must track and learn from this stuff

thats the point with the lock downs though, its not about the people who get it, its about the people they give it to, and then who they give it too and who they give it too etc etc. its that growth that hammering lockdowns prevents.

without these quick lockdowns you get America level messes.

hang on the dark angel of bluemoon.

A they should all be self isolating now so not passing it on they have been tested. They should be not interacting. That’s what track and trace is for

B I am talking about what happens to this 300 Identified people .
It is not just about them though,they won't have been isolating till they knew they had it,we are all connected to each other with this

thats the point with the lock downs though, its not about the people who get it, its about the people they give it to, and then who they give it too and who they give it too etc etc. its that growth that hammering lockdowns prevents.

without these quick lockdowns you get America level messes.

I am not disagreeing with the local lockdown response for the reasons you say , I would just like to know what happens to the people who get it. Of the 300... of the 62......

Since by the looks of it this will be another day without me posting any more data here are some weekly case totals for local GM areas in week ending 9 August.

Oldham had 72 cases in the Alexandra Park area and 37 in Werneth. Surrounding areas were lower and non higher than 19 in the town. Salem and Busk had that many.

Moss Side West at 14 was highest in Manchester with 12 in Burnage South.

Ashton Waterloo had 16 - one of the highest areas outside Oldham.

But the highesy outside Oldham was Wardleworth and Newbold Brow in Rochdale at 24.

Springfield and Great Lever in Bolton had 12.

No other local area had big numbers in GM.Mostly in single figures otherwise.

Outside GM Nelson West had 28 and Nelson East 13. The biggest in the Burnley area.

Roe Lee in Blackburm at 16 was highest there.

Pellon East in Halifax was high at 30 cases.

Several areas of Bradford were around 20 and the highest was Thornbury at 25.

These were the only big areas in the north of England - though Belgrave North West in Leicester had 31.

Nowhere south of here came close to any of these hot spots.

I respect your opinion but you have offered no evidence back your claims against the Professor.

Yes he is very positive but I don’t see giving people hope is a problem as long as they highlight how important it is to comply with the Covid 19 rules.

The following comments are not aimed at your posts. Too many people’s views are dominated by their political outlook on this thread and I share the view that the Government has been a shambles. However, I can recognise, for example, when the daily mortality figures have been inflated with the impact of undermining morale (rather than making people more careful) and the need to target solutions at worst affected areas so I hope Oldham is locked down.

Regarding the outlook for cancer patients, I read that the impact could be catastrophic if access to services is limited for much longer. The Professor is right to raise this on a regular basis IMHO, just like campaigners against domestic abuse are right to raise their concerns.
What about the outlook of the 2 Million people most at risk of covid? what about them? im on 2 immune suppressants, my sister on 1, i have been out twice in 5 months for blood tests and shit myself both times, she hasn't been out at all in that time. We were both told no face to face contact early March. Do we have to stay in forever? i was told i was in the most high risk category so no my opinions are not political. I couldn't give a shit about politics in regards to covid in fact i don't even know why you brought it up. Do me, my sister or any other of the 2 million not feel suicidal? I am all for those who need help for cancer or abuse being able to access it, it's 1000% more important than pubs opening. Those who want everything to open up are basically saying the vulnerable either stay in indefinitely or run the gauntlet with covid. Here it is mate, i had a allergic reaction to a prescribed tablet and it's ruined my life. Every treatment failed and for the 1st time in my life i truly felt like i couldn't go on much longer and then i started on biologics, they have helped somewhat and i felt that i might get a sliver of my life back then covid comes and im depressed and scared all over again. Fuck politics i just want it gone, i can't sit in my fuckin flat forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.