COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were reports that people who had died in car accidents had been counted, ultimately I don't see the fuss over numbers any more, it's not going to bring anyone back, and we know it's a huge number, and it's sad for everyone affected, but if it's purely about where we are in some league table then people are missing the point.

We've had too many, whether it's 40,000, 45,000, or 55,000 what does it matter, its terrible.
Absolutely,every death been tragic,it has been awful to not be able to do anything to help them
Out of the 5,000 ish there won't be many died on the roads or hit by a bus,if they want less numbers then they have a reason and I want to see it

Out of the 5,000 ish there won't be many died on the roads or hit by a bus,if they want less numbers then they have a reason and I want to see it

There'll be lots who've been suffering with cancer, dementia, heart disease and other illnesses though.

complaining about not be able to go to a pub seems a bit lame to me,it is not important in a pandemic,people have moaned for months like it was important,it wasn't ,the economic argument is different imo
The thing is, it's a big part of the economy so it's not a different argument, it's part of the same argument, and we have to find a way for that economy to work.

It's even little things, that don't appear to matter, I went to my barbers this afternoon (it's been 5 weeks), and nobody in, I said to him that it was quiet, and he said I was his first customer today, this at 1:30pm, he opens at 8:30am, so I asked him why so few customers, and he said it was busy when he first reopened, but it's been like this now for 3 weeks, si I asked him if he knew why. The answer is that many are working from home, so don't feel they need to look so smart (my case - I normally go every 3 weeks), and many are furloughed so don't have as much to spend, and very few are going out at the weekend, so again less reason to look smart.

He's a small business, he used to employ 3 or 4, but now just 1 casual, so he's struggling now he's open, we also have about 40 barbers in the town, and as many hairdressers, they're all the same either 1 customer or none, and that is just one area of business, and it's also affected by people not going to pubs and restaurants. I'd never have thought of that knock on effect, so we do have to try and find a way for all business to work for each other.

The thing is, it's a big part of the economy so it's not a different argument, it's part of the same argument, and we have to find a way for that economy to work.

It's even little things, that don't appear to matter, I went to my barbers this afternoon (it's been 5 weeks), and nobody in, I said to him that it was quiet, and he said I was his first customer today, this at 1:30pm, he opens at 8:30am, so I asked him why so few customers, and he said it was busy when he first reopened, but it's been like this now for 3 weeks, si I asked him if he knew why. The answer is that many are working from home, so don't feel they need to look so smart (my case - I normally go every 3 weeks), and many are furloughed so don't have as much to spend, and very few are going out at the weekend, so again less reason to look smart.

He's a small business, he used to employ 3 or 4, but now just 1 casual, so he's struggling now he's open, we also have about 40 barbers in the town, and as many hairdressers, they're all the same either 1 customer or none, and that is just one area of business, and it's also affected by people not going to pubs and restaurants. I'd never have thought of that knock on effect, so we do have to try and find a way for all business to work for each other.
I wonder though if everyone went to the barbers as soon as they reopened and so everyone is in sync for now, and they’ll get a second rush as we all need doing at the same time for a while

The barbers is an interesting one,I hadn't thought I could have my hairdresser round now and sit outside with masks etc but I am so used to cutting it myself now that I haven't called her,I will text her now

As cleavers says, the economy is a chain. If one business suffers a decline then it might not impact massively on the rest, but a whole industry? You bet it would.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.