COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I met a couple on the weekend, both have had covid. One now has ongoing heart problems, the other now has brain lesions. Both, 40 something and in good physical shape.

Hell no, I’m British. I tut underneath my face mask and then moan about it on here!
haha, like the rest of us then.
A mate of mine commented on one of his friends facebook posts and pictures of them having parties during lockdown and blatantly breaking the rules. He got some excuses and then sarcastic coments back and he then pointed out that the rules were there for everyone. I understand they have now fallen out completely!

I can look, but it's not yet 3-5 weeks after the cases graphs is it ? The peaks in cases are today (possibly).
imo you would have seen a rise in deaths by now even before the peak.
Also check out what has happened in Manaus in Brasil. Thats really interesting.

imo you would have seen a rise in deaths by now even before the peak.
Deaths are rising in both countries, and here too, it's very modest so far, and lets hope it stays that way, but in 3-5 weeks we'll know more, we don't at the moment, that's all I'm saying.

We have no idea of the real infection rate in any european country in the early days, because we weren't testing anybody other that those admitted to hospital, many on deaths door, and we had no idea how many were asymptomatic then. I'm not sure we know that even now though, the problem is that it was probably mainly younger people in Feb/Mar, and it took time for it to spread to the vulnerable, it will again, and there are less of them now as a result sadly.

I'm quite level headed about it all, I know to protect myself as much as I can, but it's not me protecting myself that I'm worried about, it's all the idiots that don't care, because they can infect me, and more importantly my much more elderly parents, without ever knowing or even caring.

There is a balance to be discussed.

I don't think the parties and raves are as pervasive as people are making out though when compared the numbers of people being sent to work.

I accept it's necessary to open up the economy. But people have to accept it will lead to a rise in infections. When you send thousands of young people back to work and infections increase as a result, don't then turn on them and say it's because they're behaving irresponsibly. You can either close things back down again or you can accept rising infections is a price worth paying to get things moving. Don't order them back to work though and then blame them when the inevitable happens.

i agree about everything you say about going back to work.

however illegal raves are happening every weekend, attended by thousands of young people and have happened all summer. they happen within a couple of miles of my house.

they have a significant effect on infections

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.