COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
A different type of vaccine to be released for the end of the year in the states - fingers crossed -

Moderna plans to produce 20m vaccines by the end of the year
The US biotech company Moderna has announced that it expects to produce 20m doses of its experimental coronavirus vaccine by the end of the year, Reuters reports.
The announcement, made in a filing with US securities regulators, comes after Moderna’s chief executive, Stephane Bancel, told Reuters on Thursday the company plans to seek emergency authorisation for the vaccine’s use in high-risk groups if it proves even just 70% effective.
Moderna has never brought a vaccine to market, but has received nearly $1bn from the US government under its Operation Warp Speed programme and has also struck a $1.5bn supply agreement with the US.
The vaccine aims to use messenger RNA (or mRNA for short) to trick recipients’ bodies into producing viral proteins themselves. No mRNA vaccine has ever been approved for an infectious disease, but proponents say it could be easier to mass produce than traditional vaccines.
The company continues to expect to make 500m-1bn doses of the vaccine in 2021, Moderna said in the filing on Friday.
Stock price is up $13 in ten days (25%) so it’s certainly ’good news’ for some......

A different type of vaccine to be released for the end of the year in the states - fingers crossed -

Moderna plans to produce 20m vaccines by the end of the year
The US biotech company Moderna has announced that it expects to produce 20m doses of its experimental coronavirus vaccine by the end of the year, Reuters reports.
The announcement, made in a filing with US securities regulators, comes after Moderna’s chief executive, Stephane Bancel, told Reuters on Thursday the company plans to seek emergency authorisation for the vaccine’s use in high-risk groups if it proves even just 70% effective.
Moderna has never brought a vaccine to market, but has received nearly $1bn from the US government under its Operation Warp Speed programme and has also struck a $1.5bn supply agreement with the US.
The vaccine aims to use messenger RNA (or mRNA for short) to trick recipients’ bodies into producing viral proteins themselves. No mRNA vaccine has ever been approved for an infectious disease, but proponents say it could be easier to mass produce than traditional vaccines.
The company continues to expect to make 500m-1bn doses of the vaccine in 2021, Moderna said in the filing on Friday.

To be honest the words ‘experimental’, ‘70% effective‘ and ‘No mRNA vaccine has ever been approved for an infectious disease’, are not making me rush to stick my neck out, or in the case arm, to have it done.

And I’m as pro vaccine’s as you can get, given I had them all stuck into me as a kid :)

Fucking hell, i go out for a couple of hours to adopt a cat and the covid Shit has hit the fan

R number 1.1-1.4
The updated R number came as 4,322 new daily coronavirus cases were recorded in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland.this is an increase of almost 1,000 compared with Thursday - and it is the highest daily figure seen since 8 May

Birmingham nightingale has been put on high alert, numbers in hospitals up a worrying amount and more deaths

The second wave I feared is starting to happen

The real number is probably nearer to 8500 cases today, as I’d much prefer to trust the ONS and the Covid symptom study numbers than anything the government puts out.

What I would say is that everyone should download the Covid symptom app and report on it, once a day if possible. The website is linked and the app links are on the first page.

https://covid.joinzoe.com/

Indeed. Let’s not forget the lack of testing and contact tracing is a convenient way to hide the truth. When incompetency seems to high, the chances are that it is deliberate and serves a purpose. No doubt in my mind that the schools are responsible for the sudden surge, universities opening soon and the bad weather is on the way. Bleak winter awaits.

Considering how the Russians used Novichek in our country! Why wouldnt they be sending Covid positive people walking through our streets and infecting as much as possible?

Might sound crackpot but I bet the russians have thought of it

To be honest the words ‘experimental’, ‘70% effective‘ and ‘No mRNA vaccine has ever been approved for an infectious disease’, are not making me rush to stick my neck out, or in the case arm, to have it done.

And I’m as pro vaccine’s as you can get, given I had them all stuck into me as a kid :)

it’s surely got to be safer than the skag I inject myself with every time I hear the latest government policy announcement on covid

R rates by region
As we mentioned earlier, SAGE estimates suggest that the R number in the UK is between 1.1 and 1.4
Here's how this breaks down across England:
  • East England: 1.0 to 1.3
  • Midlands: 1.2 to 1.5
  • North East and Yorkshire: 1.2 to 1.4
  • South East: 1.1 to 1.4
  • South West: 0.9 to 1.6
  • London: 1.1 to 1.4
  • North West: 1.2 to 1.5
The R number represents the average number of people each COVID-19 positive person goes on to infect. When the figure is above 1, an outbreak can grow exponentially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.