COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its seems schools have been one of our countries many areas of denial. This disruption to the education is not good, but trying to push on with schools and colleges and unis is going to come at a high price too. I have a lad just going to uni so the last thing I want is that to be disrupted or fucked up in any way.

Problem is despite the bluster and bullshit from the government it was obvious from the beginning schools would be covid breeding grounds and if we are close to vaccinations or at least to key workers and vulnerable then I cant help wondering if they might have delayed the return of schools until January.

No-one wants the disruption definitely but what else do we do? We can't continue to stick our heads in the sand whilst the evidence exists because otherwise in a months time we will all be in lockdown anyway.

Here is an incredible example. South Korea saw a spike in August, they closed their schools and the cases went down.

How can there still be some who deny this virus exists , they are bordeline with the flat Earth bunch.

we was hitting 6/7/800 a people a day dying of this virus and this was dramatically reduced because of Lockdown, it's clear Lockdown succeeds in reducing hospital admission and deaths - but the economic toll and other damage is devastating.

Many of us pissing it up in pubs this summer actually realiaed that there is little evidence of a pandemic if you turn the tv off,and if you do catch it ,you habe a 99.7 % chance of surviving .
Many more of us struggle to name one person they know who has died of the virus
Some of us are sick of the online scaremongering. Completely unjustisfied.wipe your fanny .
Im just waiting to hear if pur player who has got it haa died yet; or if,as per normal he will just be off work fo a few days,and return fit and well as tho nowt had happened.
This is getting ridiculous now.world has gone mad.
We know heaprh secretary matt hancock has 75k shares in the company producing the vaccine to 'save us'.what we dont know is how many shrares BJ has....i await his safety speech later........
Rant over.
What a selfish and pathetic attitude. Perhaps the only way you and your selfish mates will realise things are serious is for you or a member of your family to catch it.
Suck it up and wipe your fannies is your attitude. No wonder the rates of infection continue to rise, and you, are part of the problem

The elephant in the room is that the real immediate value of schools is free childcare and universities delay 18 year olds claiming benefits for three years. Shut schools mean the economy grinds to a halt and shut universities mean unemployment figures rocket.

Son came home last week for my wife’s birthday, all of us came down with the symptoms within a day and all tested positive yesterday!
Knocked me off my feet Sunday and still felt very weak yesterday but feeling better today.

No-one wants the disruption definitely but what else do we do? We can't continue to stick our heads in the sand whilst the evidence exists because otherwise in a months time we will all be in lockdown anyway.

Here is an incredible example. South Korea saw a spike in August, they closed their schools and the cases went down.

Hell of a problem and is going to get much worse as the weather goes shite.

I am glad it is not my decision to make, but if it were I am afraid schools colleges and unis would be getting shut until January. Incredibly difficult as I say I will be (i think) dropping my lad off at Edge Hill this Sunday to start his uni life and know like many of the youngsters how hacked off with it all he is. He is dealing with it far better than I would at his age.

Oh dear, you need to accept that their are other opinions and possibilities. Did you bother reading anything about Manaus and if so are you willing to share your views on why or how that has occurred?
This is moving so fast ,what was said in june doesnt apply now does it ,we have learnt loads since then,no i havent looked at it ,we had a game to watch

Hell of a problem and is going to get much worse as the weather goes shite.

I am glad it is not my decision to make, but if it were I am afraid schools colleges and unis would be getting shut until January. Incredibly difficult as I say I will be (i think) dropping my lad off at Edge Hill this Sunday to start his uni life and know like many of the youngsters how hacked off with it all he is. He is dealing with it far better than I would at his age.

No chance, that would be almost a year of education lost. The impact on these kids is going to be far greater that what the virus is having. Come January when there is no vaccine and there are still cases knocking about, what do we do then, lose another 6 months? The schools have been made as safe as possible and it had to stay that way. We cannot sacrifice a whole generations future over this virus.

My dads mate is in hospital right now with it, he can't breathe very well but he's getting better. Should he just wipe his fanny and suck it up with his oxygen mask on in his hospital bed?

The illness might not be a problem for most people but the long term effects are poorly understood. A recent study showed 80% of those checked after having the virus all had abnormal heart MRI's...

You do not want to catch this virus and the only idiots saying get a grip on it are the ones who have never had it. They will be saying differently when it's their friends or family on a ventilator or them wheezing for breath calling for an ambulance.

how old is your dads mate ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.