COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hence why I explicity said "the responsibilty lies with the parents."

My point was that closing or reducing numbers in schools DOES NOT MEAN they are "not being educated".

It seems to be an easy out that "we can't miss anymore education" - none was missed during lockdown #1, it was all available, just the onus shifted more onto the parents, plenty of whom it appears simply could not be arsed enforcing any home learning.

So if both parents work and have a child under 10 for example not providing an education is a case of not being arsed? Did you try to do it?

So if both parents work and have a child under 10 for example not providing an education is a case of not being arsed? Did you try to do it?

You know no-one forces you to have kids, right?

If you can't/won't provide for them, don't bother, it's that simple.

Thanks for advice
It's very much a day by day thing at the moment. I run a lot but lots of days when i really wonder is it all worth it anymore. My dad died last year my mum died when I was 24. And now this horrible lockdown I just dont see the point anymore but I'll try and get myself in a better place.
ive not read alot of this thread but came across your post,i was down,really down, not so i was going to harm myself but lower than ive ever been,and what helped me,i went to see the dr and had a chat,i cried my eyes out to the dr ive never seen before,they offered to give me some pills,but thats not my way, i walked out of the dr still down but a lot better than when i went in, chat to someone ,open up and if needs be have a good bawl does you the world of good,good luck

Right, so because parents are lazy thick cunts, we should all risk ourselves with zero socil distancing, no masks, shortages of sanitiser etc?

Gotcha. Cheers.

what the fook are you talking about ? I didn’t say anything about Social distancing, masks Etc , we are talking about kids learning at home V school

i am pointing out that some kids need schooling to learn for the reasons I have stated .

you say you couldn’t give a shit if through an accident of birth a kid is born to parents who are unable to teach the kid.

thats the parents fault and fuck the kid

you sound nice.

You know no-one forces you to have kids, right?

If you can't/won't provide for them, don't bother, it's that simple.
I see. I should have anticipated the global pandemic years ago and not had any children? I can and do provide for them. Your comments lack any kind of basic understanding about the difficulties for parents and children caused by this situation. What I can’t be arsed to do is engage with idiots any longer.

other countries ?

there are only two other countries in The world , Spain and France
We seem to be using Spain, France, and the USA as our benchmarks. This crisis has been escalated by a total failure of our political systems and structures of Government. The system here is built for failure. The sort of people who rise to the top of the Civil Service and Politics are essentially incapable of making strategic decisions.
I honesty believe that a small committee of professional inspirational managers (perhaps a headteacher, an army officer, a successful tycoon, a brilliant scientist, a leading doctor, a senior nurse etc etc) would have made better decisons and judgements than our politicians. I don't buy the argument that "we have never faced anything like this before." It could have been much worse. This virus has a very low mortality rate compared to other diseases. The reality is that our politicians and civil servants have been faced with a crisis...and have failed to step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.