COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could be wrong but probably spoken by someone who doesn’t have kids and if they do, chances are they don’t home school.

I watched my furloughed wife do it and fair play to teachers, I wouldn't have the patience. Was frustrating me just listening from my temporary office!

I didnt say you did i ?
What was ‘most people’ based upon? It’s a sweeping assumption about parents so yes that does include me. And you’re dead wrong. All parents I know have been turning themselves inside out and doing there very best in a terrible situation.

GM total is actually OK considering. A lot of numbers down. And a bit of a lower percentage of the NW total than yesterday despite the numbers rising by 36 in the region.

GM total falls from 646 to 560 today.

Not if we aren't touching the same surfaces, in a restaurant we won't at home we would. Seems simple to me.

I don't think so myself.

Kinda besides the point, individual instances and specific details aside, these are blanked collective measures, aimed at trying to stop pricks being pricks. Which is doubtful will happen.

I absolutely am on board with giving anything a right good go, even if i don't see sense in it myself.

As I said, there is a slight rise in the death rate, but I (we, as in work colleagues) are not worried about these numbers at all at this moment in time. The new cases numbers are seriously in doubt primarily due to a deep concern that the tests are picking up old infections in the body. This is what happens when you leave non-NHS companies in charge of testing who aren't used to dealing with medical data.
It's pretty unmlikely that the rise is due to picking up old infections , it may be a problem in terms of picking up people in time to make isolation effective but the rise in numbers is almost certainly not due to old infections a complete red herring,

Deaths are a lagging indicator, it was generally acknowledged that we were late going into lockdown last time becuase we used deaths to look at the rate of change.
Hospitalisations and ventilator useage is increasing.
There is a choice as to whether or not to sit it out but if you decide to intervene earlier is probably better.
I think even new cases are a lagging indicator given the 5-6 days average incubation period during which presymptomatic people are infectious.

Whilst this is undoubtedly a public health crisis, treating as it is the sole threat to health and well being is hugely problematic. We should deal with this as we deal with many threats to public health, in a coherent and balanced way.
We are in danger of abandoning a whole raft of cancer, cardiac, stroke and any number of treatable patients once again by chasing the impossible goal of Covid suppression.

One way to think of this disease is that it is a magnifier of already existing conditions and it most likely will only be ‘over’ by becoming endemic and coexisting with the other 200+ respiratory viruses that take away many elderly patients every year.

It would be judicious to balance any current measures with their present and future cost, particularly to the young.

I think even new cases are a lagging indicator given the 5-6 days average incubation period during which presymptomatic people are infectious.
They lag a bit but are a lot more up to date than deaths. although there is a lag between infection and symptoms, it is generally reckoned that it is only the last two days before symptoms that onward transmission is considered a significant risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.