COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that people showing symptoms are still booking through PCR route and the city has been in lockdown tier 3 followed by national for a month not really surprising

yes i read that at first the scheme was open to all, with symptoms or not, but that position was changed on the 5th Nov? the next round of zoe/react/ons analyses will tell us more.

also - is the liverpool testing proving asymptomism is minimal? there isnt a lot of evidence in the rest of the country to suggest cases fall off a cliff in tier 3, so you'd expect quite a few asymptomatic results in the lateral flow tests?

Last edited:
Expected this thread to be a lot busier this morning, but seems to have subsided a little (it's an odd time at the moment - negative/positive upper cuts every other day).

The Oxford professor (Sharrock?) was on TV this morning discussing the bionTech vaccine. Seems as positive as most others thankfully.
Seems like this own vaccine could potentially be ready for the summer so I suspect this will be seen as a longer term vaccine (far cheaper and far easier to administer logistically).
The Pfizer/BioNtech one then (if it goes ahead) will be a costly but much needed shot in the arm.

Australia are already manufacturing the Oxford/AZ vaccine.

Another question for those that *may* know: is there any minor cause of concern for a mRNA vaccine given it's not been used on humans before. This is not an anti-vaxx weighted question btw (I'm certainly far from it) but it's something that is asked a bit.
Presumably worry of a synthetic innoculation rather than from a live or remnants of a dead virus.
I have no medical background. The people that I listen to and trust are Whitty, Vallance and Van Tam. The latter for some reason gives me a lot of reassurance. If he says the vaccines are fine, that will do for me and mine.

So people have been saying since the start that the PCR tests don’t work, now you have Dr Yeadon an ex advisor for Pfizer coming out and saying the same.

Last edited:
Scottish data up first:

64 Deaths - highest since 6 May! Tragic news.

You might notice almost exactly the same date England's deaths yesterday matched last (7 May).

Cases 1261

488 Greater Glasgow, 272 Lanarkshire, 145 Lothian, 80 Ayrshire

6.5 % positive

1235 In hospital (down 4)

93 on icu ventilators (down 9).

Scottish data up first:

64 Deaths - highest since 6 May! Tragic news.

You might notice almost exactly the same date England's deaths yesterday matched last (7 May).

Cases 1261

488 Greater Glasgow, 272 Lanarkshire, 145 Lothian, 80 Ayrshire

6.5 % positive

1235 In hospital (down 4)

93 on icu ventilators (down 9).
Very sad

Wow....not sure how to tackle that one tbf.
Never heard of him but he's very convincing in his opinions.
So people have been saying since the start that the PCR tests don’t work, now you have Dr Yeadon an ex advisor for Pfizer coming out and saying the same.

There is now a lot of traction gaining around this. The fact that the tests-admissions-ICU-deaths chain is all hanging off a testing method that is nobody knows the specificity/sensitivity is worrying.

Scotland 3 wks ago v 2 wks v last wk v today

Deaths 28 v 28 v 50 v 64 today. Wednesday is always the worst day for death numbers. England today will be bad too. But it will likely be the highest in both nations until next Wednesday. It is how weekend catch up works.

Cases 1735 v 1202 v 1438 v 1261 today. Less sign of a plateau or one at too high a level here. Hence more areas in Scotland going into higher tiers from Friday. Including Perth.

Patients 873 v 1117 v 1257 v 1235 today - Patients DOWN - but then if you lose 103 to death in 48 hours numbers will go down.

ICU ventilators 72 v 85 v 94 v 93 today - decrease - but the same caveat of so many deaths will reduce these numbers.

Though it is at least good that they are not rising rapidly or a lot or they would still be outstripping the deaths.

Expected this thread to be a lot busier this morning, but seems to have subsided a little (it's an odd time at the moment - negative/positive upper cuts every other day).

The Oxford professor (Sharrock?) was on TV this morning discussing the bionTech vaccine. Seems as positive as most others thankfully.
Seems like this own vaccine could potentially be ready for the summer so I suspect this will be seen as a longer term vaccine (far cheaper and far easier to administer logistically).
The Pfizer/BioNtech one then (if it goes ahead) will be a costly but much needed shot in the arm.

Australia are already manufacturing the Oxford/AZ vaccine.

Another question for those that *may* know: is there any minor cause of concern for a mRNA vaccine given it's not been used on humans before. This is not an anti-vaxx weighted question btw (I'm certainly far from it) but it's something that is asked a bit.
Presumably worry of a synthetic innoculation rather than from a live or remnants of a dead virus.

Review article (pre covid) here on the development and potential for this type of vaccine.

I'm no expert, but I'm not aware of any specific concerns for this type of virus. The nonspecific "it's new so we can't know" of course can't be disproved (proof being for mathematics and whisky rather than clinical science...)

https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fimmu.2019.00594/full

Scotland 3 wks ago v 2 wks v last wk v today

Deaths 28 v 28 v 50 v 64 today. Wednesday is always the worst day for death numbers. England today will be bad too. But it will likely be the highest in both nations until next Wednesday. It is how weekend catch up works.

Cases 1735 v 1202 v 1438 v 1261 today. Less sign of a plateau or one at too high a level here. Hence more areas in Scotland going into higher tiers from Friday. Including Perth.

Patients 873 v 1117 v 1257 v 1235 today - Patients DOWN - but then if you lose 103 to death in 48 hours numbers will go down.

ICU ventilators 72 v 85 v 94 v 93 today - decrease - but the same caveat of so many deaths will reduce these numbers.

Though it is at least good that they are not rising rapidly or a lot or they would still be outstripping the deaths.

Depressing stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.