COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
For many, many, months now, I do not understand why GP surgeries are not sending nurses to everyone who tells them they are ill to check there oxygenation levels.
They do in Germany and it is probably the reason why they have a much lower death rate than the UK. Early diagnosis = earlier hospital treatment = better chance of survival.
All GPS seem to be interested in is building watch towers and putting up barbed wire around their surgeries to keep patients out.

Getting hold of a GP has been impossible for us. Both my missus and I have been unable to get through and emails are not responded to. Just had to go through shit loads of co-codamol instead. Neither case urgent but needed to see a doctor. Dread to think of those suffering with something worse.

Missus was supposed to have had a 'woman's test'. Not heard anything. Does not bare thinking about what has happened or will happen to some of those who have missed tests.

Getting hold of a GP has been impossible for us. Both my missus and I have been unable to get through and emails are not responded to. Just had to go through shit loads of co-codamol instead. Neither case urgent but needed to see a doctor. Dread to think of those suffering with something worse.

Missus was supposed to have had a 'woman's test'. Not heard anything. Does not bare thinking about what has happened or will happen to some of those who have missed tests.
My Mum has slowly gone blind due to cataracts. Waiting list is supposed to be 18 weeks max. Currently in mums area, 38 weeks minimum. She’s had an appointment to go private, but they also have a waiting list. Apparently going blind through cataracts doesnt count as an emergency procedure. Prioritising Covid above all else will have long term consequences.

Anyone else dreading Christmas? Just got an awful lot worse now the rules have changed for me personally. Family disputes are inevitable. I don't want to put my parents at risk, so i'll likely stay outside if i see them and just accept it's gonna be a bit naff. My brother is a conspiracy theorist who thinks the whole thing is a load of bollocks, annoyingly, and has been in their house plenty of times. I'm so tired of it all that I just can't be arsed arguing about it anymore. My mum has promised he always sits at a distance etc, and I believe her on that, but that's almost pointless given he's in the house so what fuck all use is the distance bit. I know he'll be expecting a normal-ish christmas. As will my sister given she's got kids. Especially given the rule changes and the allowed bubbling...and now it's gonna me as the big bad guy being awkward and being the only one not going indoors as we do every christmas day.

It'll inevitably cause huge fucking arguments and I just can't be arsed. And then a part of me thinks 'maybe I could see them and it'd be okay', and another part goes 'yeah, good luck with living with that insane feeling of guilt if one of them catches it and something terrible happens'...and then another part goes 'imagine you didn't hug them and celebrate christmas and something happened in January to them'. Plus my missus won't be seeing her mum as she's high at risk. So it'd be selfish of me. Just a shite rock and a hard place. I know people will be in worse situations, but I seriously cba. Just wish they'd not changed anything so I at least had 'rules are rules' to fall back on.

Sorry, just venting as I'm exhausted and this whole thing is driving me mad. Constant worrying and that shite foreboding feeling of a huge argument on the horizon with absolutely zero chance of it resolving. Unreasonable, childish family, sadly! Wish christmas would just fuck off this year, and I usually love it.

We’ve seen these steep falls from very high second wave peaks around europe too though .While I wouldn’t start to try to explain them, there is something going on with this second wave
Something slightly different seems to be happening as the drop off in cases appears to be possibly more sudden despite the second lock downs generally being not as comprehensive as the first. France is only just 2 weeks past its peak 7day average cases of over 56000 and the levels are so low they are anouncing a lifting of lockdown measures.

Last edited:
Anyone else dreading Christmas? Just got an awful lot worse now the rules have changed for me personally. Family disputes are inevitable. I don't want to put my parents at risk, so i'll likely stay outside if i see them and just accept it's gonna be a bit naff. My brother is a conspiracy theorist who thinks the whole thing is a load of bollocks, annoyingly, and has been in their house plenty of times. I'm so tired of it all that I just can't be arsed arguing about it anymore. My mum has promised he always sits at a distance etc, and I believe her on that, but that's almost pointless given he's in the house so what fuck all use is the distance bit. I know he'll be expecting a normal-ish christmas. As will my sister given she's got kids. Especially given the rule changes and the allowed bubbling...and now it's gonna me as the big bad guy being awkward and being the only one not going indoors as we do every christmas day.

It'll inevitably cause huge fucking arguments and I just can't be arsed. And then a part of me thinks 'maybe I could see them and it'd be okay', and another part goes 'yeah, good luck with living with that insane feeling of guilt if one of them catches it and something terrible happens'...and then another part goes 'imagine you didn't hug them and celebrate christmas and something happened in January to them'. Plus my missus won't be seeing her mum as she's high at risk. So it'd be selfish of me. Just a shite rock and a hard place. I know people will be in worse situations, but I seriously cba. Just wish they'd not changed anything so I at least had 'rules are rules' to fall back on.

Sorry, just venting as I'm exhausted and this whole thing is driving me mad. Constant worrying and that shite foreboding feeling of a huge argument on the horizon with absolutely zero chance of it resolving. Unreasonable, childish family, sadly! Wish christmas would just fuck off this year, and I usually love it.
Weird one for me.
Last Christmas (steady George fans) was the last with my family as I moved out afterwards.
Not only that, but for over 2-3 weeks everyone was really ill with that coughing flu (it was literally the house of the dead). Tempers were frayed enough but everyone (bar my youngest...who ironically had the flu jab). It was a living hell. Then the year got worse.

God knows what I'm going to do this year. Just want to see the end of this torrid episode and look to rebuild in 2020.
Might go for a long run I think, maybe have a drink (I've barely drank anything this year).

we will never know the true number of people who’ve died from missed appointments, cancelled treatments, fear of reaching out for medical treatment and neglect in the name of covid. I needed to see the doctor a few months, not a life threatening thing but still a painful one. Appointment cancelled and I got a lousy phone call instead which I’ve not heard anything from since!

My Mum has slowly gone blind due to cataracts. Waiting list is supposed to be 18 weeks max. Currently in mums area, 38 weeks minimum. She’s had an appointment to go private, but they also have a waiting list. Apparently going blind through cataracts doesnt count as an emergency procedure. Prioritising Covid above all else will have long term consequences.
That's sad to hear. I hope your mum gets treated soon.

I didn't see your post before having a whine about christmas. I feel like a dick now. sorry mate. Shite that. Best of luck to your mum. No one should have to go through that.

This might sound like a simple solution mate, but why don’t you just get a test on xmas eve or day before and if it’s negative you can see them safe in the knowledge you won’t be passing it on to them.
If that’s all you’re worried about for a £100 or so you can take away much of the stress this is causing you.
Obviously it doesn’t take away the risk of others bringing it into the house but your conscience will be clear at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.