COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Az just announced they are doing a further international trial on the 0.5 then 1 dose of theie vaccine

presumably sample size wasnt enough

Posted an article on here last night from wired.com which shared concerns about the AZ results, and got met with pretty short shrift tbh with people dismissing it as rivals putting it down. Sadly, it looks like the concerns in that are true. The 90% claim came from a group with no one over 55 years old, which to be frank, is a bit ridiculous. Anyway, it's reached mainstream media now, so the retrial doesn't surprise me:

I truly hope, for all our sakes, they get their act together as we all want to be out of this. Feels a bit shambolic with the accidental doses and averaging efficacy across two totally different kind of control groups with differing ages, which seems an incredibly unscientific thing to do.

how about other European country's with similar rates and taking similar measures ?
What about them ? I’m sure there’s plenty of of others in Europe that are doing terrible as well either due to mismanagement or lack of compliance.This thread isn’t really about the response from others though. This is about the UK and how it’s handling the pandemic. And seemingly, no matter what precautions we take, it isn’t enough in the long haul as we find ourselves in a steaming pile of shit again.

I wasn't alluding to the Government, but those who have been knowingly and blatantly doing as they want, irrespective of the rules
Yes I’m aware, I was talking in general about the state of this shitty government and the shitty response from a section of the public who haven’t cared one iota and the consequences for their apathy to this whole mess. In that whilst most of us are doing the right thing regarding masks and social distancing, we’re still be taken on a ride we don’t want due to a government that doesn’t care enough and idiots in the general public who think this virus can be wished away.

Prof Sharrock (a couple of weeks ago) suggested the vaccine would be rolled out by the Summer.
I'm guessing here, but perhaps their hand was played to get some positivity out very quickly given the Moderna/pfizer results (and mRNA method)?
There's clearly tremendous pressure here so it's hard to judge at the moment.

Thing that’s really dawning on me is that irrespective of the outrage and anger directed towards the government for its incompetence from the population, this country still has enough idiots to vote for it in the next election and the Tories will get in power again to fuck people up the arse even more. People love shooting themselves in the foot.
There are certainly more than enough idiots ignoring restrictions. So yeah, blame the Government!

Not surprised.
The AZ vaccine promises to be the best but they need to determine the efficacy of the half dose/full dose before regulatory approval I guess?
Could this delay approval and therefore roll out?
Bit of a bummer.
I know the Yanks in particular are having a pop at the test results.
No surprise the Americans are putting obstacles in the way , it’s way cheaper and can be stored in a regular fridge , they won’t want a cheaper and easy to distribute competitor getting a free run .

Posted an article on here last night from wired.com which shared concerns about the AZ results, and got met with pretty short shrift tbh with people dismissing it as rivals putting it down. Sadly, it looks like the concerns in that are true. The 90% claim came from a group with no one over 55 years old, which to be frank, is a bit ridiculous. Anyway, it's reached mainstream media now, so the retrial doesn't surprise me:

I truly hope, for all our sakes, they get their act together as we all want to be out of this. Feels a bit shambolic with the accidental doses and averaging efficacy across two totally different kind of control groups with differing ages, which seems an incredibly unscientific thing to do.

It’s been in a rolling review with mhra so i’d be suprised if it’s a total showstopper. Maybe some people will get the 60% effective dose in the mean time.

The US though you do get the feeling they want the more expensive one, the trial was stopped over there for a lot longer than it needed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.