COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would they have dealt with things like the Cummings disaster as badly, damaging public trust so much? Dishing out big, disastrous PPE contracts to nobody mates of the tories? Spent billions on ineffective test and trace schemes and putting absolutely useless people in charge like Dido (“As schools came back we saw demand significantly outstrip planned capacity delivery, none of us were able to predict that in advance” - i mean ffs, really? a 12 year old could have told you that) Harding?

Can you really say hand on heart they would have? These things probably wouldn't have happened. Now I don't think it'd have been perfect, but it certainly literally couldn't have been worse than literally the worst. The UK is so divided at the moment. So angry, so frustrated. This is down to terrible communications, poor leadership and blatant, really transparent lying. These things add up to people not giving a shit...and sadly, deaths.

EDIT - anyway, my post was more venting frustration at the tories and the genuinely despicable human being that is our leader, not bigging up Labour.

THe bit I've put in bold is horrific and needs to be properly examined! A lot of people are profiting out of this, and a massive amount are suffering! As Cleaver said, they are probably being advised from the same people, at the start Labour were appealing for an early lockdown to gain favour with a worried public, remember, in March, when the situation was a hell of a lot worse than it is now, some consideration was being given to the economy now there is no consideration.

About the part of them being advised by the same people, this worries me, the government aren't running the country anymore, and if they aren't what really is the point of them? To be a spokesman? I don't want to get involved in a should we be in lockdown squabble, because I know some on here are fully in support and will come at me calling me a conspiracy nutjob and the like and frankly, I find it sad for the first time on BM I have seen actual division and if we are arguing on here what does that say is going to happen in society?

I do want to say, we had one lockdown, did it work? Maybe, did the summer have a bigger impact, if you look at the people dying you would have to say it did. Lockdown 2.0 was supposed to finish, but is carrying on still, I know people like to blame the public for this, but that's unfair, I am pi55ed off with it all like many I know but we all follow the rules, if the majority have been doesn't that say lockdowns aren't working? We are in danger of being trapped in this hell every winter, with a reprieve in the summer, but guess what, all those things we all love to do in the summer, the pub, the restaurants, the holidays will not be available like they were before. I don't know the answer I'm not qualified I guess, but I would love our 'leaders'to consider all research, all opinions, all alternatives and us!! Frankly I think they're in a cycle and I don't see an end.

Wales is set to come under tougher restrictions to slow the spread of COVID-19 after the ground made during its firebreak lockdown is "being eroded", the first minister has announced.

Mark Drakeford confirmed the plan will begin next week, with cinemas, bowling alleys, and other indoor entertainment venues closing.

It comes as Northern Ireland entered another lockdown on Friday

What a shambles it all is, just as all the big shopping centres in England reopen.

GM highlights:

5 up, 3 down, 2 the same. No big shifts. In the end a fall of 34 on yesterday to 819.

Though 4 over 100 - three of them by single figures and Manchester down to its lowest number since September I think.

819 is 577 down on the 1396 a week ago.

At 46% of the NW it is also the lowest in two or three weeks.

Despite the NW falling only by a small amount day to day the reason was not in GM which did better today than the rest of the region.

Andy Burnham has no doubt noticed.

Who in the uk approves vaccines?Whoever it is, whatever team or department it is they need to be paid double or triple time so they work this weekend.

NICE in this country
No it's the MHRA https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/medicines-and-healthcare-products-regulatory-agency
NICE make recommendations about new treatments when they are very expensive or issue guidelines about diseases on the basis fo value for money and best treatment available the actual approval of a drug is MHRA.

What a shambles it all is, just as all the big shopping centres in England reopen.

It all makes no sense but it should. An infectious virus is circulating. The more places open and the more people mingling the more people will catch it. They can lock down for two months it falls, but open up again it rises. It's laughable they keep blaming people like naughty children, if they just have food shops open it will still spread. Depressingly we are stuck in this cycle forever unless the vaccine works and/or the virus starts to dissipate of it's own accord.

Merseyside comparison for those interested.

Liverpool did better than Manchester again - down to 67 cases from 84 and a Pop Sore rise of 14. Better than every single borough in GM.

Knowsley though was up to its highest in over a week though nowhere near where it was and with a Pop rise similar to many in GM today.

Wirral up by 40 - the most in a few days but again on a par with most of GM with its pop score.

Other scores today:

Birmingham 406 (down from 575) Blackburn 69 (up from 60) Pop score now 6312 - highest in UK - up 47 and increasing lead on Oldham the only other place over 6000.

Bradford 188 - down from 233. Leeds 166 - down from 238.

Leicester 138 - down from 182. Nottingham 86 - down from 88 - over a week since above 100. Midlands is falling now too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.