COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regional scoreboard is again not great news for the NW.

Everywhere is down but the NW is down by least and only just was not the region with the most cases today.

London just held onto that, though itself down below 2000.

London 1800 - down from 2085.

Midlands 1718 - down from 2237.

North East 805 - down from 900.

Yorkshire 1424 - down from 1795.

And North West 1789 - down just 72 from 1861.

I just got a text from my Goddaughter who has been covering in the ITU in a hospital in the South East Kent area saying 'Just been told that I can get the Pfizer vaccination from next week' with loads of happy emojis :-)

I suppose the key word here is 'from' but she's not a bullshitter and understates everything normally but sounds like positive news on that front. Came a month or so late for her personally as she got cv and so did her boyfriend who had it rough but I'm delighted for her as for a 23 year old she has had to see things I don't think I would of handled as well as her.

Who in the uk approves vaccines?Whoever it is, whatever team or department it is they need to be paid double or triple time so they work this weekend.

Would they have dealt with things like the Cummings disaster as badly, damaging public trust so much? Dishing out big, disastrous PPE contracts to nobody mates of the tories? Spent billions on ineffective test and trace schemes and putting absolutely useless people in charge like Dido (“As schools came back we saw demand significantly outstrip planned capacity delivery, none of us were able to predict that in advance” - i mean ffs, really? a 12 year old could have told you that) Harding?

Can you really say hand on heart they would have? These things probably wouldn't have happened. Now I don't think it'd have been perfect, but it certainly literally couldn't have been worse than literally the worst. The UK is so divided at the moment. So angry, so frustrated. This is down to terrible communications, poor leadership and blatant, really transparent lying. These things add up to people not giving a shit...and sadly, deaths.

EDIT - anyway, my post was more venting frustration at the tories and the genuinely despicable human being that is our leader, not bigging up Labour.
In the expenses scadal there were as many labour MPs ripping us off as there were torries if i remember rightly. Not a great deal of moral fortitude in the house of commons.

Wales is set to come under tougher restrictions to slow the spread of COVID-19 after the ground made during its firebreak lockdown is "being eroded", the first minister has announced.

Mark Drakeford confirmed the plan will begin next week, with cinemas, bowling alleys, and other indoor entertainment venues closing.

It comes as Northern Ireland entered another lockdown on Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.