COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. This kind of stuff will convert probably loads into conspiracy theorists. We literally do not need to vaccinate the whole country. Saw a poll that said over 60% will take it anyway immediately. That's easily enough, given how much its undoubtedly spread, to read herd immunity and stop it. Don't see the point in turning millions into conspiracy theorists by blackmailing them.
When police handed out fines to those breaking lockdown rules, was that blackmailing people?

You know France, Germany and Italy have made the MMR vaccine mandatory and they haven't descended into a dystopia yet, the only side effect is less kids getting killed and maimed by measles.

If uptake rates in this country continue to drop, it will likely become mandatory here, because measles outbreaks are becoming more and more common.

And the problem is, not everyone who gets a vaccine is immune, so everyone who doesn't get a vaccine is putting other people's lives at risk.

Once again, to clarify, i'm not anti-vaccine. I also, obviously, understand how vaccines work adn the point of them. I think its fair to say that you can't compare the trust in the MMR vaccine, which has been around for decades, to the trust in these new ones. The skepticism if people are coerced into taking it will explode.

But you can go to your local restaurant though can’t you.
Threats of not being allowed in your local etc won’t help in the conspiracy theory group being swayed.

It's not about swaying stupid pricks who think a vaccine is going to track you or melt your face off.

It's about not having unvaccinated carriers of the virus giving it to all the people in a restaurant who got the vaccine but it didn't give the immune response.

You can't compare a full stadium or even a full cinema with a restaurant.
I’m comparing being allowed to travel abroad with doing something legal in your own country.
Whats next? Can’t leave your home? Can’t go supermarket? It’s just scare mongoring and playing right into the conspiracy theorist hands.
Those who don’t want one shouldn’t have to have it, the majority of the population will do do it’ll cover it.

Once again, to clarify, i'm not anti-vaccine. I also, obviously, understand how vaccines work adn the point of them. I think its fair to say that you can't compare the trust in the MMR vaccine, which has been around for decades, to the trust in these new ones. The skepticism if people are coerced into taking it will explode.
Spot on,forcing people to take a vaccine that cannot be fully safety guaranteed is wrong.

It's coercion. Different tactic, same end result.

Frankly I don't give a fuck if some selfish stupid prick has to get coerced into having a vaccine so he stops spreading a virus and killing people.

The world doesn't revolve around the 5% of idiots who think a vaccine is a conspiracy.

If you've got fears about a vaccine, stay at home until you're convinced, just like all the immunocompromised people have been house ridden for 10 months because they can't risk going out. Read about it, educate yourself.

If you really think it's a giant conspiracy then you will forgo seeing James Bond or going to Prezzo to stay safe.

We need 95%+ uptake for the virus to die out in the population. Until that point people are still going to be dying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.