COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, but when was the last time you had to get a health passport out at your local cinema? It's clearly very different.
Well that should be left to the establishment imho. But it would probably make sense for them to introduce such a policy themselves to attract people back to safe environments.

Frankly I don't give a fuck if some selfish stupid prick has to get coerced into having a vaccine so he stops spreading a virus and killing people.

The world doesn't revolve around the 5% of idiots who think a vaccine is a conspiracy.

Well, good for you. Once again, and I feel the need to keep repeating this as there's a huge subtext implying that you think I feel this way, I'm not anti-vaccine. My issues with this just come from the whole 'well, what next?' can of worms that it opens. You're alright to disagree. Fair enough. Anyway, presuming you're around the same age as me, that means an awful fucking long time of no fun given we'll be right near the bottom of the queue anyway!

Well, good for you. Once again, and I feel the need to keep repeating this as there's a huge subtext implying that you think I feel this way, I'm not anti-vaccine. My issues with this just come from the whole 'well, what next?' can of worms that it opens. You're alright to disagree. Fair enough. Anyway, presuming you're around the same age as me, that means an awful fucking long time of no fun given we'll be right near the bottom of the queue anyway!

You do know that the slippery slope/thin end of the wedge/can of worms argument is literally a famous logical fallacy that's been disproven a million times?

I know you're not anti-vax, and I know you and I (I'm 28) will be right at the end of the queue, but I don't think you have grasped how difficult it is to wipe this virus out, and the amount of uptake needed. It's not 60%, it's closer to 95%.

You do know that the slippery slope/thin end of the wedge/can of worms argument is literally a famous logical fallacy that's been disproven a million times?

I know you're not anti-vax, and I know you and I (I'm 28) will be right at the end of the queue, but I don't think you have grasped how difficult it is to wipe this virus out, and the amount of uptake needed. It's not 60%, it's closer to 95%.

Maybe you're right and im overthinking. I think it's fair to say that my trust in this government has absolutely and utterly eroded away. I just don't trust them one bit so probably fear the worst.

Exactly. This kind of stuff will convert probably loads into conspiracy theorists. We literally do not need to vaccinate the whole country. Saw a poll that said over 60% will take it anyway immediately. That's easily enough, given how much its undoubtedly spread, to read herd immunity and stop it. Don't see the point in turning millions into conspiracy theorists by blackmailing them.
That theory sounds great if we shoot anyone trying to enter the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.