COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Netherlands figures nudging up closer to 7,000 new cases per day again, and it’s hard to see the trend slowing let alone reversing.

I am seeing nothing at all that is changing my mind about an absolute catastrophe ahead.

Whilst people should be able to use their own common sense to see whats needed sadly they dont and wont. More now than ever before given we are coming up to Xmas. Its truly a magical time of year so much so that because it is Xmas you will be ok going in crowded shops and supermarkets as long as you wear a mask! Wearing a mask is going to do more harm than good in December because idiots think its an infallible shield when infact by and large it does next to fuck all unless its the correct mask and worn correctly which virtually nobody does.

Yes indeed just because its Xmas Covid has agreed to not infect anyone doing Xmas shopping nor dining in pubs or attending parties....but only because its XMAS mind. Even the government say its fine.....

All this a few weeks before we can get to a place where live is much better due to the vaccine how fucking stupid can you honestly get?
We've decided especially with Mrs Moon being on the shielded list to have xmas at home,just the two of us.

Seen our lad once since the pandemic kicked in,lives 4 hours away and are meeting him in a National Park the week before halfway between houses to have a distanced walk and exchange gifts.

I just can't get my head around 'It's Christmas' so lets party......I'd much rather wait and party for a more years thank you very much.

Is there something different about the demographics of who is getting it in Wales? Is it skewing older there or is it the presence of certain co-morbidities? Or is the amount of deaths consistent with the amount of cases when compared to the rest of the UK?

Here is a good summary of all the data. My guess is the densely packed valleys housing, ex miners with lung problems may be factors. It is where cases seem to occur most.

Those who like graphs will find it useful as it has many.

Covid-19 in Wales: What do the stats tell us? - BBC News

I said once before what we should have done. Though I know it was never going to happen.

Tell people treat Christmas as a virtual one and a religious festival - NOT a holiday this year - with no easing of restrictions.

But announce that a new bank holiday will be created as soon as it is clear we are in a position to do so. Maybe March or April.

Call it Thanksgiving as that was created to give thanks for being rescued in the US and involves a turkey dinner.

Just as the end is in sight inviting everyone to party, hug and kiss because of dates in a calendar is beyond mad.

Though incredibly hard to stop and popular.

Just all but certain to cost more than it gains in both tragic lives lost and finance when we need to lockdown through Jan and Feb to pay for it.
The trouble is, there’s elderly people who have isolated all year and have been thinking about Christmas for many weeks now.

All they’ll want to do is have a day away from their flat or house to see their loved ones and for them it’s worth the risk.

Unless you’re having to travel, there needn’t be more than 2 days, so the 5 is excessive but they had to relax it imo.

Wales data is even worse today. Big trouble there.

The highest number of cases EVER on a Sunday from any of the three nations other than England.

Scotland with a higher population rarely has exceeded that number on any day.

1916 cases and 14 deaths.

This is a warning to the rest of the UK of where things can go if we stop being vigilant in the next three months until the vaccines hopefully save the day.
This isnt anything against you, or knocking your input buddy. you do a great job and i have been following you for month's.

But i honestly think this vaccine is a white elephant. First off, we only have 800k dose's available. So that's only 400k people who can have it soon, and it takes three week's before you can have the second. people who get it early will only start to develop immunity in the first week of the new year, prob longer with a Christmas shut down. Added to that they only have another 40 million doses on order. Thats no where near enough and would only provide protection for less than a 3rd of the population. Considering they are not certain it will prevent transmission, that is worrying.
Even if they get a 100% take up of the vaccine, and they will not get anywhere near that number. That still leaves the lion's share of the population completely unprotected. In all honesty it sounds like a way of giving people hope to try and remain vigilant. In actual fact it seem's to have convinced everyone, even mp's in charge, that this thing will all be over soon. The reality is that it will take until the summer to roll out the first phase of vaccination. I think people need to realize this is going to be way more long term than Easter. Convincing the nation this will all be over soon, the vaccine has arrived.. it just send's entirely the wrong message imo.

Hope you are doing well buddy, keep up the good work. you have more information than the BBC ha ha

the virus hasnt changed enough to cause it , is it winter , i suppose it is in sweden but i dont know about the other . Truth is covid needs very little invitation to spread , it just takes one cluster caused by a visitor and it 's off and they have no defence because they went with herd immunity
not winter in Brasil Kaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.