COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The worst week of my life in terms of illness.

We had to call an ambulance out to me on Xmas Eve night just before midnight.

It was so upsetting for wife and kids, couldn't stop coughing and my temp was at 38.4.

The paramedics were first class and could see I was conflicted about going to hospital and potentially be asked to stay in for a few hours.

I'd not even gone into the loft to get the Xmas presents down and that was also praying on my mind, which might sound stupid to many.

They checked my blood pressure and oxygen levels and had me walk up and down our stairs a couple of times.

In the end they prescribed me some antibiotics for a possible secondary chest infection and told me to go straight to A&E if things got worse.

Walking up and down a loft ladder at 1am in the morning and bringing down sacks of presents is not something I would ever want to repeat or recommend.

Wife did her first Xmas Dinner and I managed to eat some and make the best of it with her and the kids.

I just can't shake the terrible thirst during the night and heat and cold sweats.

I've tried sleeping on my stomach, just to try and open my airways and am now into my seventh day.

Coughed up some blood in the shower this morning but it was filled with muscus and spit also after I deliberately tried to hack something up.

I don't mind admitting, this whole thing has shaken me to my core and scared the absolute shit out of me. I'm a fit guy, albeit, 46, with no underlying health conditions.

My wife and son come out of their own isolation today and they were pretty much recovered within four days and just lethargy.

My mum and dad watched from the road as my kids opened their presents in the front window.

It was heartbreaking, but it was the best we could do and it kept my folks safe.

It is a horrible, nasty virus which grabs a hold of you in so many different ways, next time you might hear someone talk about it with any degree of flippancy, walk away in the opposite direction - quickly!
Sounds exactly like my experience. I'm 44, never smoked, pretty fit but a week after testing positive I couldn't walk upstairs without getting out of breath. It hit me like a shovel.
Mrs had to phone an ambulance & I was took in to hospital. Had a course of steroids & now I'm on a steroid inhaler as well.
Feel miles better but now but I'll be honest, for a couple of weeks I was really worried, to the point I was going over all the life & health insurance policies, making sure they were all in order. Scary times but over the worst now.

It was so upsetting for wife and kids, couldn't stop coughing and my temp was at 38.4.

The paramedics were first class and could see I was conflicted about going to hospital and potentially be asked to stay in for a few hours.

I'd not even gone into the loft to get the Xmas presents down and that was also praying on my mind, which might sound stupid to many.

They checked my blood pressure and oxygen levels and had me walk up and down our stairs a couple of times.

In the end they prescribed me some antibiotics for a possible secondary chest infection and told me to go straight to A&E if things got worse.

Walking up and down a loft ladder at 1am in the morning and bringing down sacks of presents is not something I would ever want to repeat or recommend.

Wife did her first Xmas Dinner and I managed to eat some and make the best of it with her and the kids.

I just can't shake the terrible thirst during the night and heat and cold sweats.

I've tried sleeping on my stomach, just to try and open my airways and am now into my seventh day.

Coughed up some blood in the shower this morning but it was filled with muscus and spit also after I deliberately tried to hack something up.

I don't mind admitting, this whole thing has shaken me to my core and scared the absolute shit out of me. I'm a fit guy, albeit, 46, with no underlying health conditions.

My wife and son come out of their own isolation today and they were pretty much recovered within four days and just lethargy.

My mum and dad watched from the road as my kids opened their presents in the front window.

It was heartbreaking, but it was the best we could do and it kept my folks safe.

It is a horrible, nasty virus which grabs a hold of you in so many different ways, next time you might hear someone talk about it with any degree of flippancy, walk away in the opposite direction - quickly!
Hope you get better soon mate, but if you do have a dip, don't worry about going to hospital, and don't hesitate if you need too, the treatments are much improved now.
Oh and drink plenty if you have a fever or GI upset.

Thinking of you get well soon buddy

Sorry to hear that buddy, hope you get sorted soon. i wouldn't worry to much about coughing up blood. its common for people with chest issues to get hemoptysis. Unless is deep red and lots of it or like tar then you have nothing to worry about

Thanks pal, good to know that. It was only the once but defo brighter red and defo not tar like.

Bloody Hell, take care.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.