Covid and travel discussion

For love or money I cannot find out what ages would be exempt from a green list 2 day test on return. My boys are 10 and 8 and I cannot find the information anywhere.
Why do they make it so difficult to find the most important information.
Because they dont want you to go. Because they want you to stay here and spend your money

Yeh we are meant to be in Port Soller the week before (a holiday originally booked in 2019 then rebooked in 2020 for this year)!
I reckon you'll be allowed to go but the Spanish will probably make you quarantine for a fortnight the way the delta variant's going.

There’s something about setting sail on a ferry I enjoy always have done.

We trans-versed biscay a few times on the Pride Of Bilbao which was a 37,500-tonne ferry built in the eighties and previously named Olympia for the Viking Line. In 1993 it was chartered to p and o between Portsmouth and Bilbao and renamed the Pride Of Bilbao.

Crew and passengers alike have memories of the crossing. The sedate arrival and departures from Portsmouth contrast with the conditions the vessel faced in the open seas of the Bay of Biscay.One regular traveler said that on one crossing the sea was so rough through Biscay that his grandfather was the only person in the restaurant for dinner, the rest of us were outside in the fresh air, not feeling 100%. However, the stormy Bay of Biscay not only posed problem for them but also the crew that had to lock down all the retail areas - packing the shelving out with blankets and cartons of cigarettes.

Biscay's no place for landlubbers with the bay taking no prisoners. I remember one crossing commencing quietly enough but changing by the hour as the cruise progressed and then very much into a force eleven. They made a roaring trade selling copper bangles to mal de mer victims at a fiver a pop and the ship became a ghost town as the trainee sailors fooked off to their cabins to die a lingering death.

If I remember rightly we were in the forard cinema watching Gladiator and the intense feeling as the prides bow rose high out of the water and then slammed back down afforded that film certain atmospherics. It also had a cracking pub and entertainment venue and also a reasonable canteen that we prebooked to save money. Cabins were fairly spartan with bunk beds with a tighty fitting en suite but it served a purpose.

A lot of people booked the journey for the excellent whale watching experiences and we saw quite a few on our voyages.

Sadly it made it's last journey home in September of 2010 after 17 years of faithful service..

Final journey and music by keane and I open my eyes and it's a lovely day!

For those in peril on the sea : /

Last edited:
We trans-versed biscay a few times on the Pride Of Bilbao which was a 37,500-tonne ferry built in the eighties and previously named Olympia for the Viking Line. In 1993 it was chartered to p and o between Portsmouth and Bilbao and renamed the Pride Of Bilbao.

Crew and passengers alike have memories of the crossing. The sedate arrival and departures from Portsmouth contrast with the conditions the vessel faced in the open seas of the Bay of Biscay.One regular traveler said that on one crossing the sea was so rough through Biscay that his grandfather was the only person in the restaurant for dinner, the rest of us were outside in the fresh air, not feeling 100%. However, the stormy Bay of Biscay not only posed problem for them but also the crew that had to lock down all the retail areas - packing the shelving out with blankets and cartons of cigarettes.

Biscay's no place for landlubbers with the bay taking no prisoners. I remember one crossing commencing quietly enough but changing by the hour as the cruise progressed and then very much into a force eleven. They made a roaring trade selling copper bangles to mal de mer victims at a fiver a pop and the ship became a ghost town as the trainee sailors fooked off to their cabins to die a lingering death.

If I remember rightly we were in the forard cinema watching Gladiator and the intense feeling as the prides bow rose high out of the water and then slammed back down afforded that film certain atmospherics. It also had a cracking pub and entertainment venue and also a reasonable canteen that we prebooked to save money. Cabins were fairly spartan with bunk beds with a tighty fitting en suite but it served a purpose.

A lot of people booked the journey for the excellent whale watching experiences and we saw quite a few on our voyages.

Sadly it made it's last journey home in September of 2010 after 17 years of faithful service..

I used to work in Hamburg, the North Sea in a force 10 in winter was always a experience, watched the witches of east wick one time, a few didn’t make it through the cherry scene :-)))))

Great crossing...done it twice. Once on a jolly boys outing to take a car to south of Barcelona. One of the lads had just started going out with this girl and wanted to constantly phone her. He was almost in the Captains bridge trying to get a signal on his Vodaphone mobile...we didn't have the heart to tell he had no chance of a signal in the middle of nowhere. He also decided that rather than share a bunk with us 2 peasants he'd go on his own in a single...didn't sleep a wink, spent the night next door to some twat playing Meatloaf on a ghetto blaster.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.