Covid and travel discussion

I have just recently done a lodge in Wales for a few days with the family and it rained everyday. Tomorrow we're going to a detached luxury barn in Skidby for my dad's 90th birthday. It's nice to spend time with my family all together and a change of scene, but even at 90 pre covid and with sky high insurance my dad would have gone abroad.

I understand people like holidays here though and I guess if you like walking or outdoor sports it suits many.
I hope I get to 90 and still jetting off abroad..

I hope I get to 90 and still jetting off abroad..

He requires a wheelchair at the airport now due to the long walks to immigration and the luggage area, but aside from that he's fine. His insurance is high but he's happy to pay it. Fingers crossed he has a holiday to Almunaca booked for November.

I have just recently done a lodge in Wales for a few days with the family and it rained everyday. Tomorrow we're going to a detached luxury barn in Skidby for my dad's 90th birthday. It's nice to spend time with my family all together and a change of scene, but even at 90 pre covid and with sky high insurance my dad would have gone abroad.

I understand people like holidays here though and I guess if you like walking or outdoor sports it suits many.
I like exploring britain and we get a away A LOT here but i also love that week in the sun doing fuck all apart from resting my weary bones

In the Mere at the moment and quite a big spaced out site. We are in the owners section by the lake and a little bit rough n ready. Our van is at least 20 years old and was under the impression Haven imposed age limits before you had to pack up and move off.

Mickeys were having a large group party of 20 + last night on the green with copious amounts of ethanol and party games. At 22.00 hundred hours it was kicking off big time and an inhebriated woman was yelling "get out get out my van you fuckrr and don't come back" Ten minutes later the bald headed miscreant came wobbling past us waving his finger at the sky whilst babbling incoherant shite.

Pub's OK and one choice of lager Carlsburg or Carling at £4.70 a pint. We can't go in to see Rory the Tiger and friends as the entertainments extra.

The Mere is a nice walk with lots of camouflaged hides. We sat inside one for half an hour and saw some ducks a kestrel and a brace of 118's.

Went in the Royal Toby across the way as Denis recommended it and it was nothing short of gash. Would sooner have been force fed pie-hella.

Woken up at 04.00.am by a wood pigeons tap dancing on our roof and making their distinctive morning call. For any non birdy's amongst you it's two woo's followed by a prolonged woooo and repeated many times to fuck off the occupier. Also my car is covered in bird droppings, leaves pollen dust and sap.

However the weathers lovely and a breaks a break and not a pcp test in sight. Wish You Were Here : /

Last edited:
In the Mere at the moment and quite a big spaced out site. We are in the owners section by the lake and a little bit rough n ready. Our van is at least 20 years old and was under the impression Haven imposed age limits before you had to pack up and move off.

Mickeys were having a large group party of 20 + last night on the green with copious amounts of ethanol and party games. At 22.00 hundred hours it was kicking off big time and an inhebriated woman was yelling "get out get out my van you fuckrr and don't come back" Ten minutes later the bald headed miscreant came wobbling past us waving his finger at the sky whilst babbling incoherant shite.

Pub is OK and one choice of lager Carlsburg or Carling I think at £4.70 a pint. We can't go in to see Rory the Tiger and friends as the entertainments extra : (

The Meres is a nice walk with lots of camouflaged hides. We sat inside one for half an hour and saw some ducks and a kestrel.

Went in the Royal Toby across the way as Denis recommended them and it was nothing short of gash. Would sooner have been force fed pie-hella for the duration.

Woken up at 04.00.am by a brace of wood pigeons tap dancing on our roof and making their distinctive morning call. For any non birdy's amongst you it's two woo's followed by a prolonged woooo and repeated many times to fuck off the occupier. Also my car is covered in bird droppings, leaves and pollen dust.

However the weathers lovely and a break is a break with not a pcp test in sight. Wish You Were Here : /
Not for me..have a great time ;)

Pub is OK and one choice of lager Carlsburg or Carling I think at £4.70 a pint. We can't go in to see Rory the Tiger and friends as the entertainments extra : (

The Meres is a nice walk with lots of camouflaged hides. We sat inside one for half an hour and saw some ducks and a kestrel.

Went in the Royal Toby across the way as Denis recommended them and it was nothing short of gash. Would sooner have been force fed pie-hella for the duration.

Woken up at 04.00.am by a brace of wood pigeons tap dancing on our roof and making their distinctive morning call. For any non birdy's amongst you it's two woo's followed by a prolonged woooo and repeated many times to fuck off the occupier. Also my car is covered in bird droppings, leaves and pollen dust.

However the weathers lovely and a break is a break with not a pcp test in sight. Wish You Were Here : /
Why was the woman yelling at you to get out of her van ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.