Covid and travel discussion

Shapps says he still requires us to buy and use a lateral flow test . Confused.???

I think it’s pretty fair the state doesn’t cough up for a late flow test for incoming, I presume test costs will be down to about £20 not ideal but a step in the right direction, not having the stress of a return F2F is a huge thing. Can’t argue with most of what’s been announced I presume Randox shares will be taking a plunge on the news.

I am increasingly pissed off at the idiotic Biden continuing with Trumps travel ban stopping Europeans visiting the USA since March 2020.
No explanation ,no rationale just pure political pig headedness.
Especially galling is that many of Biden's family have been enjoying Greek and other European holidays this Summer .
I own a Florida winter home and need to get over there to sell up as I always said I'd never buy a property in a politically unstable Country-back in 2012 I'd never have dreamt we'd end up here.

I think it’s pretty fair the state doesn’t cough up for a late flow test for incoming, I presume test costs will be down to about £20 not ideal but a step in the right direction, not having the stress of a return F2F is a huge thing. Can’t argue with most of what’s been announced I presume Randox shares will be taking a plunge on the news.

The private LFT tests aren't actually much cheaper than PCR, given you can pick up a PCR kit for 28 quid, but it's definitely a small step in the right direction.
I just wish they would communicate better, instead of such vague bullshit like ''later in October''. Just fucking tell us, it's not like you don't already know.

The removal of the in resort test requirement is a much bigger step in the right direction. A big fear for many was testing positive abroad before coming home so this change removes that.

Despite the generally positive news today, it all feels a little underwhelming. And for me the big question is 'why the fuck wasn't this done 2/3 months ago'.

It feels like the Gov are, with some delight, continuing to toy with the travel industry.

Don't really understand the logic in waiting till end of October to scrap the pcr test. We return from gran canaria on the 14th so will still have to pay for one yet two weeks later people won't. Given they seem clear that pcr tests are no longer necessary on what basis do they need to wait 6 weeks to implement it.

And surely whilst admittedly it's not as reliable surely a lateral flow test is better as that at lest indicates you may have the virus when you plan to reenter the country.
As it stands now I can fly back potentially with the virus, take a test 2 days later, get the result (if I'm lucky) 2 or 3 days later so by that time you've been home 5 days spreading your germs.
Seems a pointless exercise

I am increasingly pissed off at the idiotic Biden continuing with Trumps travel ban stopping Europeans visiting the USA since March 2020.
No explanation ,no rationale just pure political pig headedness.
Especially galling is that many of Biden's family have been enjoying Greek and other European holidays this Summer .
I own a Florida winter home and need to get over there to sell up as I always said I'd never buy a property in a politically unstable Country-back in 2012 I'd never have dreamt we'd end up here.
And that **** Farage can come and go as he pleases

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.